• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend water cooling parts for Tec Hook up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sony190

Recommendations for the coldest water cooleing parts Please.
Would like water cooling parts for a Tec hookup using the Swiftech MCW6500-T. Will also be putting a Tec on video card so I need very chilly system.
i have read some threads about a Triple Rad is that the best.

before recomending anything some of us would like to know why you want to go tec and what card and mobo you have .
see its a big jump in cost and skill required to do a tec setup because you have to water proof your board and card with grease and you have to insulate your tubing. its a lot of work for better temps but the chances are you will run into a wall OCing your chip and mobo log before its the cooling that hits a wall.

if you plan on SLI/ Xfire you may not be able to go tec on your card due to clearance issues btw

Well its more project oriented

Forum members in Tec Section sent me here for advice on Water system
I think that I could build a better WC system than buy a kit. I dont have any parts of the Tec yet but looking at Swiftech MCW6500-T and MCW60 T. Have a 400 watt PSU

Its for this the system in my sig

I am finding out that The Powercolor HD 4870 really puts a strain on the PSU it heats up pretty quick or its just to hot in the case altogether
So I want to cool everything down
It may be expensive but it will save down the line when I have to upgrade

Definitely start with WC and no TEC. WC itself is a lot to learn, and needs to be done right to avoid leaking and ruining your gear. TEC has a whole other bundle of issues... so yeah, start with WC and you might find it cools everything down enough without TEC.

Tecs are also very dangerous as in burn your house down dangerous. Leaving tecs unattended and then the pump fails...you are hosed. No cooling for the hot side and it will catch fire. I read a thread on here or somewhere else where this has happened.

Dont want to water cool Tec parts will cost me slightly more
Prices
Swiftech MCW6500-T -158
Swiftech MCW60 T Tec -46
pump-60
rad-130
hose-30

I am not new to the Tec game Started to built one with the 462+ but I didnt have the time So I used the air verision I had ordered the Meanwell PSU then sent it back so this time Im going to finish it.

I just need to know the better parts for the water cooling

Back