• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Relationship between Linpack and PLL voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peterfffh

My processor is currently at 8.5 * 430 MHz, and I tried tweaking to make it stable.
These are my current voltage settings:

vcore: 1.248 v
PLL: 1.58 v
VTT: 1.24 v
NB: 1.3 v
mem: 2.1 v

I went through some posts about PLL voltage and many people suggest that PLL voltage should not go
over 1.6 v; however, my PLL voltage is close to that point, and I'm afraid my CPU will degraded through time.

I tried to lower the PLL below 1.58 v but my computer will fail the OCCT linpack test in a few minutes.

Is there any relationship between the PLL voltage and the stability of linpack?

By the way, my computer passed Prime95 and OCCT CPU test (more than 8 hrs of stressing).

The consensuses is that PLL doesn't do anything to help/hurt overclocking. With that said, keep PLL with in .2-.4 of vcore and you will be ok.

What's the system your working with? Kind of hard to help without knowing.

Simple version : The cpu have an internal clock. This clock use the multi and the FSB to create the CPU speed ( 450 x 8.5 in my case ). This is the PLL, the clock volts. You dont really need to mess with the PLL for "low" OC.

List your complete spec plz .. ?

Back