• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modern Warfare 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woodzy

Anyone got any ideas what the system requirements are going to be for Modern Warfare 2?

Asus M4N82 Deluxe || OCZ 2GB KIt (2x1GB) DDR2 1066MHz ||
500gb Western Digital Hdd || 320gb Maxtor Hdd ||
AMD Phenom x4 9950 Black Edition @ 3003Mhz [13x231] ||
Zalman CNPS 9700 CPU Cooler || MSI NX8800 GTS X2 [SLI] ||
Coolermaster HAF 932 Full Tower

Probably not much different than COD4/Modern Warefare. Most likley the same or a tad more.

As said before I'm thinking it'll be about the same as cod:waw. You'll probably get a lower fps in mw2 though, just as you get lower fps in waw. For me I dropped from 200-250 in cod4 to 125-175 in waw. So I don't think the difference between waw and mw2 will be noticeable unless you have the /cg_drawfps command on.

Requirements are a PS3. :)
more like...mouse and keyboard :beer:

ey Monkey, you saying MW2 is using the same grahpics engine as MW?
i think this is correct, but man, i've seen some youtube videos where the debris effects and the graphics in general look a lot shaper. maybe it's just the MW engine polished up? :shrug:

more like...mouse and keyboard :beer:

ey Monkey, you saying MW2 is using the same grahpics engine as MW?
i think this is correct, but man, i've seen some youtube videos where the debris effects and the graphics in general look a lot shaper. maybe it's just the MW engine polished up? :shrug:

That is the case. The core is still the MW1 engine, but you can quite easily add on many things, especially physics engines, and further enchance geometry.

FPS on a console is blasphemy

Its the only way to insure everyone is on the same playing field, no one has an advantage because they have a better computer setup. Also PC version always have the habit of beeing hacked sooner or later, aim bots etc.

Ill keep my FPS gaming on the PS3 tyvm.

Its the only way to insure everyone is on the same playing field, no one has an advantage because they have a better computer setup. Also PC version always have the habit of beeing hacked sooner or later, aim bots etc.

So fear of other gamers deters you?

yeah true that.
but i don't wanna fork out another $400 AUD for a PS3, and another $110 AUD for game ;)
those hacking noobs only play on crackde servers anyway...they get banned from authentic servers...i think lol.
lol yeh shard, the graphics look way sharper. i saw a vid of a bomb exploding in front of the player. just seeing the debris fly everywhere gave me a :eek:

I wish the Hardened version and Prestige was available for PC and not just PS3 and Xbox.
if only nobody made hacks for them..as it defeats the purpose.
what's the point of making the feature if someone can simply download a file and gain access to all weapons, gold livery, prestige ranks etc etc.
stupid hacks lol.

if only nobody made hacks for them..as it defeats the purpose.
what's the point of making the feature if someone can simply download a file and gain access to all weapons, gold livery, prestige ranks etc etc.
stupid hacks lol.
The stupid part was that IW decided to store that information on the local PC rather than on a central server. You can't really blame people when the hack was LITERALLY just editing a text file. Hopefully they have learned their lesson and MW2 will use a central server for ranks (like BF2 did).

The stupid part was that IW decided to store that information on the local PC rather than on a central server. You can't really blame people when the hack was LITERALLY just editing a text file. Hopefully they have learned their lesson and MW2 will use a central server for ranks (like BF2 did).
yeah that would be sooo much more convenient. if all the online data was stored on a central server, i woudln't lose my online rank/achievements etc everytime i formatted.
even if i backup my saved files, sometimes they don't work when i reinstall the game..so i have to start from level 1 with stock guns again...which gets annoying.

Back