• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Batman!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Got it for my PS3 on Monday at 1pm, beat it eight and a half hours later. Then Tuesday I hunted down all the bios, which has a lot of Batman foes so I was really happy with that. I also worked on Riddler riddles. Have about six left to find.

Got it for my PS3 on Monday at 1pm, beat it eight and a half hours later. Then Tuesday I hunted down all the bios, which has a lot of Batman foes so I was really happy with that. I also worked on Riddler riddles. Have about six left to find.

Sucks that it was that short. Scale of 1-10 what did you think of it though?

Sucks that it was that short. Scale of 1-10 what did you think of it though?

I liked it a lot. So much so that I went back to playing to hunt everything down and play the challenge maps. If I don't enjoy a game, I leave those and stop playing. Easily the best Batman game ever, not that it's hard to trump all the old games, 'cause they were bad anyways, but still.

If I had to give it a number, I'd say at least an eight. Only because I was really disappointed in the lack of Batman foes they could have used and didn't. They made up for it slightly by leaving remnants of past Arkham residents all over the place. I just wish I got to see more of them.

sadly waiting for teh PC version here, but a question for you fine console users , whats the difference between the difficulty levels?

And... on hard do the goon's still flash lighting bolts over their heads before attacking?

sadly waiting for teh PC version here, but a question for you fine console users , whats the difference between the difficulty levels?

And... on hard do the goon's still flash lighting bolts over their heads before attacking?

I'm playing through it for the first time on Normal. I wanted to do Hard, but when you select Hard the game actually reccommends normal so you can see what the difference is. (I think basically NO indicators flash. You just have to know... which can be difficult on the 360 version because it's zoomed in a bit more and some enemies will try to throw stuff at you from across the room.)

I bought it for PS3. Sucks for Fudge that the PS3 version only does 720p (no 1080i.) I can't imagine him not getting the version with the Joker otherwise.

There's a lot more to it than I thought. The enemies are pretty easy, but the joy of the game is looking cool while dispatching them. Not entirely unlike Devil may cry.

Sure you CAN just dispatch enemies just by punching them a few times... but if you do it that way, you're playing the game wrong.

Might as well pla Jenga instead...

Zipline kicking a group of three enemies off a ledge. HELLYES!
Also, I saw you were playing today Rain. lol Was doing so my self. Was getting all of the challenges done in the challenge maps. Some of them are pretty difficuly to set up. Goddamn. Still got them all.

You know, I am enjoying it so far. However, to me it's not a ton different than the Wolverine Origins game that came out a few months back. How the critics can love this and pan Wolverine is a mystery to me. I think both are great.

You know, I am enjoying it so far. However, to me it's not a ton different than the Wolverine Origins game that came out a few months back. How the critics can love this and pan Wolverine is a mystery to me. I think both are great.

Well this game LOOKS a lot better than Wolverine Origins.

And anything with the Joker in it automatically gets bumped up about three points.

Also, none of Wolverine's villains ever reached the iconic status of Batman's. Not even Sabretooth.

So what you're dealing with is profoundly better source material that has been decently executed.

If this were "Megabub's Atomic Brawl"... then you could reasonably expect the score to be lower.

It is not.

well i am looking at getting a ps3 slim, so i might get this for the ps3 and the pc >.<

well i am looking at getting a ps3 slim, so i might get this for the ps3 and the pc >.<

I'm thinking about getting the PC version as well when I get my new monitor.

I could seriously play beat this game over and over again and not get tired of playing it.

You remember when you could just DO THAT with games?

Remember playing through Golden Axe, and Altered Beasts, and Streets of Rage over and over again?

I must've beaten Golden Axe a million times and I NEVER got tired of playing it (I kinda wanna play it right now!)

This hasn't happened in years. It's amazing that... with all this technology, they're just learning how to do that again.

i know what you mean, i have played the pc demo at least 30 times, the combat is simple yet addictive.

I found the Scarecrow parts pretty epic, loving those parts of the game. Really awesome. Game looks great too i am sure PC version will be a lot nicer looking.

I found the Scarecrow parts pretty epic, loving those parts of the game. Really awesome. Game looks great too i am sure PC version will be a lot nicer looking.

Yeah... The scarecrow bits were truly inspired.

THAT's sort of what I meant by having iconic villains. In a way... all other comic book villains were derived by Batman's villains.

I mean "Lex Luthor" is really just a joke compared to the Joker. Lex never inspired a damned thing. One of the key features of Batman's villains were their depth and unlimited possibilities (and the fact that they were mostly wimps but were so adept at what they did that Batman would always have a hard time with them.)

I still find it amazing that... if a criminal fired on a police officer... then they could shoot him dead and that would be perfectly fine. But if the Joker shoots batman, kills alfred, and mutilates Barbara Gordon... Batman still can't kill him.

I have no idea how that logic works. But it's nice to have him around!

Actually in the comic book series "A Death In the Family". The Joker kills Robin, Jason Todd and Batman takes an M-16 to him. Somehow he survived.... that's what I hate about comic books. That should've been the end of Joker right then and there. If somebody else decided to take up the Joker mantle just as somebody else did Robin's then that would be fine but otherwise it was just stupid. Robin really died, Joker didn't.

Actually in the comic book series "A Death In the Family". The Joker kills Robin, Jason Todd and Batman takes an M-16 to him. Somehow he survived.... that's what I hate about comic books. That should've been the end of Joker right then and there. If somebody else decided to take up the Joker mantle just as somebody else did Robin's then that would be fine but otherwise it was just stupid. Robin really died, Joker didn't.

OF COURSE the Joker didn't die! That would be out of character. hahahaha

What the hell is wrong with you...

Think about the first batman movie with Michael Keaton. Think about the last one. Now think about every batman comic for the last 60 years.

The Joker is ridiculously...INSANELY lucky. He's been blown up... had all kinds of guns fired at him... fallen from great heights... (except in the first batman movie)... and he's always pulled through. Dark Knight... Two Face flips a coin... Anybody else's chances of getting shot in the head are 50%. The Joker's chances? About 3%.

And he keeps rolling the dice.

Which brings me to my SECOND point:

YOU CAN'T HAVE SOMEBODY "TAKE OVER THE MANTLE" OF THE JOKER!

I mean that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. To some extent... you can replace Batman (it would be kind of a stupid cash ***** thing to do... but you could do it). Because "Batman" (like V for Vendetta) is more of an idea than a person.

The Joker is a unique individual. MORE than that... he is THE most unique individual in the history of comics. Anybody can wear white makeup and dye their hair green... but there is only ONE Joker.

Get some other maniac to start killing people... he doesn't have the Joker's mind. He gets locked up and forgotten about. Another criminal goes and threatens the mob in a Joker costume... He doesn't have the Joker's LUCK. He's dead in the first issue.

The Joker's specific blend of insanity is unique. So he cannot be replaced. When he's gone he's gone.

And now that we've come to that... once he's gone, Batman's (WHOEVER is Batman...) stock goes down about 75% and DC goes out of business. So that's just not gonna happen.

Bane could die... nobody would care. But the Joker is an ICON.

You should read Batman: Cacophony, it has a great ending with a discussion between Batman and Joker, who is at the time somewhat sane because he's doped up on so much medicine. I'll post a little teaser, but it of course is a spoiler, so choose to do so at your own risk.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n216/ShajunoOrsono/BatmanJokerCacophony.jpg

I just lost a thousand comics to a flood. (And no: I was unaware that my comics had even been moved to the basement.)

...gimmie the spoiler! ;)

EDIT: That was a beautiful scene. Very reminiscent of the last scene of Killing Joke.

Sorry to hear man, I couldn't imagine losing that many comics.
But yeah, Kevin Smith did a great job writing that mini, and the full conversation is even better in my opinion. Losing Joker would sadden a very large group of people, and I couldn't imagine DC being willing enough to do it.

Back