• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cutting Bridges

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

David

Forums Super Moderator
I have tried repeatedly to overlock my spare Duron 650 but I can never cut the bridges. I have hacked at it for an hour with a scalpel but I can't cut it!

Is there anything better for slicing bridges?

I want to put the multiplier down to 5 or 5.5 and increase the FSB to 133 to get 667MHz or 733MHz.

What are you cutting the bridges for????
You should be trying to connect the bridges not cut them.
Use a nice #2 pencil and connect them.
I have never heard of cutting them to change the multiplier.

SuperFLyJimmy said:
What are you cutting the bridges for????
You should be trying to connect the bridges not cut them.
Use a nice #2 pencil and connect them.
I have never heard of cutting them to change the multiplier.

The reason is that you can mess with the default multiplier on the cpu by connecting and disconnecting the proper bridges.

PF, are you sure you want to do this? If so, I believe there is an article at tomshardware discussing some methods...

Also, look at this thread:
http://forums.overclockers.ws/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34316&highlight=bridges

*edit, here is the tomshardware article, just page through for the relevant info...
http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/00q3/000711/index.html

if the 733 (5.5x133) doesn't work I want to try to get 9x100.

but you still don't cut them. You connect all the bridges then you have ll th multipliers to work with. WHat the Hell are y ou talking about doing. You get some glue. fill the pits. connect the pins with some none conductive ink or something. Bham all done all multipliers all the time. WHat is this cutting crap you are saying. you don't cutt the bridges to make it possible to use all your multipliers.

I have an unlocked CPU but my mobo wont let mult changes, to I have to cut and jion bridges for certain frequencies.

Back