• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best XtremeMusic/X-Fi Custom Drivers for Windows 7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shadin

I've been on the lookout for customized driver packages for my X-Fi, as one that I've tried did indeed improve the sound quality to my ears. I'm curious what custom packages people are using with their cards under Vista/7.

Will it really improve sound quality running custom drivers?? Im using DTS Connect and an Xfi Xtremegamer on Win7x64...

Any drivers out there to enable 7.1 instead of 5.1 over spdif?

I was getting some odd crackling sounds here and there with the official ones. I'll have to look at what custom ones I used, I'm not at my main PC at the moment, but that issue seemed to go away. The only gripe I had was the ones I used were fairly bloated and installed a lot of the extras without asking.

I used the official Win7 drivers and had troubles so I actually downloaded the Vista 64 drivers and installed them using compatibility mode and they work much better.

Back