• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Probles running 1920x1080

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lugnat

Registered
OK just got 2 4890's (2 gig version)
I took one out until I get my new case due to heat..
Anyway I have the 4890 hooked up by HDMI connection. I can run all resolutions except 1920x1080.. My monitor craps out and says it is out of range? I have an Asus 23 inch HD LCD monitor that has 1080p capabilities. So why would it go out of range on Crysis Warhead? Watching blu-ray on it is great just that game goes out of range?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Edit.. It runs 1920x1080 on the desktop and everything else fine.. Just the games it wont.. (forgot to add that)

What is the exact model of monitor that you have? It sounds like it runs 1920x1200, which would just leave black bars on the top and bottom to run "1080p".

If it is just in games i would say that it is driver problems. I can do anything i want on my monitor at 1280*1024 but hl2 will not play at that rez but TF2 will.

It is a Asus VH23H

Like I said I am running it at 1920x1080 on everything and is all fine. Just when I go into Crysis warhead is when it goes out of range.. I know the 4890 can tun that game on all high etc..

EDIT: I can even play COD WAW on 1920x1080

I will try a different driver Kevlar!
Although 1920x1080 is the highest res you can get as that is true 1080p

Last edited:
I would first think it was the game causing the problems, than assume drivers. Since everything else works perfectly, you know it is not a problem of 3D clock switching or anytihng else video card related. Must have something to do with either the software (most likely) or optimizations for said software within the drivers (possible but less likely)

Do you have options for refresh rate and aspect ratio within the game? Gaming bugs are very common, but much easier to diagnose when you have knowledge of software that is also installed on your system. IT could also be DRM related to the game (maybe it does not like some DRM tied to another game for instance or virtual drive software...)

No options for aspect ration or aspect ratio..I mean it has v-sync but dont think that is the problem!

And yes for Crysis warhead there is a heavy DRM presence! I have Alcohol 120% installed and other programs like dvd region free etc..
But I dont see that as being a problem as I can do any resolution but 1920x1080 if it was DRM it would not even start (my opinion)

No options for aspect ration or aspect ratio..I mean it has v-sync but dont think that is the problem!

And yes for Crysis warhead there is a heavy DRM presence! I have Alcohol 120% installed and other programs like dvd region free etc..
But I dont see that as being a problem as I can do any resolution but 1920x1080 if it was DRM it would not even start (my opinion)

It has nothing to do with any programs you've installed. It has nothing to do with your monitor or your graphics card. The problem is the GAME... and the fact that it's currently set to run at one resolution and the rest of your desktop is set to run at another (I've actually had this problem with TWO games... bioshock and world in conflict... very annoying each time.)

All you have to do is manually edit the graphics settings in whatever .ini Warhead uses.

I'm not sure where to find those settings for that game, but you should have no trouble with a quick google search.

thanks rainless! I did not think it had anything to do with DRM as I have never had a problem with that! (other than a couple programs that did not like Alcohol 120% on my system!) I figured maybe my gpu just could not handle the resolution. But I see other 4890's (lower clocked even) being able to do the 1920x1080.
Will look around for the .ini file and google a little!

thanks rainless! I did not think it had anything to do with DRM as I have never had a problem with that! (other than a couple programs that did not like Alcohol 120% on my system!) I figured maybe my gpu just could not handle the resolution. But I see other 4890's (lower clocked even) being able to do the 1920x1080.
Will look around for the .ini file and google a little!

:beer:

Back