• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One down, onto the next ..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhilColwill

Registered
:bday::bday: YAH ME :bday::bday:

Made it (or will make it later today) to my first personal Milestone with Folding.

Rank 1000 within Team 32....

Thanks to all of Team 32 for their advice and assistance..

Onto next Milestone now... Rank 500 .. EOC estimates 4 weeks at my current workload (which is twice as long as it took to get from 7213 to 1000 !!)

Probably gonna calm it down slightly as I am folding on my only rig :( and my wife may well notice the electricity bill when it arrives :eek:

Anyway guys .. just wanted to say thanks for your support .. :beer:

WTF! :beer:
Onto next Milestone now... Rank 500 .. EOC estimates 4 weeks at my current workload (which is twice as long as it took to get from 7213 to 1000 !!)
Wait until after you hit 500. Then you only seem to crawl up...
Then you'll get addicted and start figuring out how to justify extra computers for Folding.

I've had a couple of computer go down this year, but come October, I'm building new ones "for my kids". Probably PhenomIIX4 with 9800GTs. So they can play Sims3 and BF2. :rolleyes: Well, that's what I'm telling my wife anyway. :eek:

Made it ... !

Well... Early hours this morning i pipped over the rank 500 mark.. (early hrs to me in the UK anyway)..

Onto the next one now... Think I might aim at 100 ranks a Milestone from now on looking at the road ahead !!

Rank 400 here I come .. :burn::burn::burn:

WTF Phil! It starts getting real fierce when you get up to page 2. As it stands right now, getting around 6k PPD, I'm am passing someone about once every 4-5 days. Even page 3 was a little bit of a battle, as I was stuck there for several months, but the last time I looked, I had about a year to overtake the highest ranking challenge on page 2. I have thought about during up the PS3 again, and maybe putting a single core client on my wifes rig (P4 with HT, but has never done too well with 2 clients), just to get that extra little oomph. :beer: Fold on!!

WTF Phil! It starts getting real fierce when you get up to page 2.

I have been spending a while looking at the Future on EOC.com (it's not looking pretty.. )

The estimates for 500 > 400 aren't too bad, but everything else is pretty long times before advancement (for me anyway).

Anyone have any idea how long a GTX295 lasts when its running both GPU's 24/7 .. !! :cry:

Congrats.

I've been folding with both of my GTX295s 24/7 since they were released and I didn't have any problems so far. Good warranty is key here. If it breaks, just RMA for a new (and hopefully better) card.

Congrats.

I've been folding with both of my GTX295s 24/7 since they were released and I didn't have any problems so far. Good warranty is key here. If it breaks, just RMA for a new (and hopefully better) card.

Tell you what... Could you power them down .. for say.. 6 months (that might give me a chance of catching you! .).

All joking aside .. it is re-assuring to know that i'm not melting away my one and only graphics card..

DING !!

400 pipped over this morning !

But less of me and more of SneakySnowman .. he should be in the Top 100 as of today!!!! .. Grats Sneaky WTF !! :burn:

Congrats Phill,,, WTF!

now I,m just waiting on the arrival of my new PSU so as can get mty Beasty GTX-295 installed ,

Yep see SneakySnowman.s headlghts off in the distance,,,,, that PSU better come soon,,

Correct thread name but for the wrong reasons now..

My router has given up the ghost..!! noooooooooo !!!..

New one should be arriving in 2 days.. but no folding for a day or two .. Sorry guys..

Should be back on track by Wednesday hopefully.. (just pipped over the 0.5M mark too !)

Couple of patchy days behind me with the Router going bang and its replacement unable to pierce through the 2 Foot thick Solid Stone walls of the cottage I live in .. so have cable trapesing all over my hallways, but I have a stable connection . and I am back on Track.. Just folding with the GPU's at the mo as the SMP client doesn't like me :( ..

Rank 300 ... here I come !:burn:

Just folding with the GPU's at the mo as the SMP client doesn't like me :( .. Rank 300 ... here I come !

Finally gave up with the SMP native in windows, just seemed like a complete waste of time and resources...

Now running the Linux SMP through a VM provided by Sun's VirtualBox.. (thanks to DeadlySyn putting up with a 2 day barrage of questions from me regarding folding in VM) .. anyway.. liking the new points average I am getting out of that and the GTX295.. much better.. !!

Made 300 this morning which is nice .. Sights on Rank 250 for team 32 now..

:burn::burn::burn:

Yeah I'm rather happy with my production right now off just one rig which is the AM2 6000 in my sig.

TeamRank Project Rank Points Last 24hr Points 24hr Avg Points PointsTotal WUs
413 18,650 0 777 404,904 2,313

This is after having 2 days or weird EUEs but I'll be back on track soon enough. Hoping to rebuild most of my lab in the next few months

Finally gave up with the SMP native in windows, just seemed like a complete waste of time and resources...

Now running the Linux SMP through a VM provided by Sun's VirtualBox.. (thanks to DeadlySyn putting up with a 2 day barrage of questions from me regarding folding in VM) .. anyway.. liking the new points average I am getting out of that and the GTX295.. much better.. !!

Made 300 this morning which is nice .. Sights on Rank 250 for team 32 now..

Glad I was able to help, Phil. :beer: If you have anymore questions, my PM box is always open.

:sn::sn:

I made it ... The long slog to the 2nd Page !! Rank 200 !!! Yah ME !

Cheers for your help and support guys.. its been a fun journey so far .

Phil

Back