• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Small problem..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trap

I've finished another protein and tried to send results but it won't send it.It just loaded new work and workin on it but it is still showing :
Finished WUs 1
I tried several times connecting to the server and reboot but it jsut tries to send and won't send the finished WU,and after that itcontinues to work on new molecule.
What could be the problem?

A lot of people, most of them on dialup, are having the same problem. I've read in some threads here that it is a server problem not sending a WU received acknowledgement in time for the client, but the work is actually sent and you are credited for the work. It also seems more prevalent on some of their servers than others. The work seems to be credited on my account with the 5 rigs I have Folding, so what I've been doing is using a send all script I got from ploaf (thanks a lot for it, man), and sending manually a few times after the queue builds up a bit, then deleting all the queued work after manually sending. Hopefully, Stanford will address this problem and come out with some revised code because as queue builds up, it takes longer and longer to send in work, and with 5 machines on 1 dialup account it messes with my surfing pretty bad;) . I hope this helps answer your question and I'd like to thank belorsch for putting the links to the yahoo newsgroups in the F.A.Q. thread.

Thanx doc!
So what d ou suggest me to do which files do i have to delete(if u can name them maybe please??) or should i keep folding as it is?
How do you manually send files?
If i understood right everythin is o.k. with my work and i shouldn't worry?
:confused: :eek: :confused:

The files that I delete after I'm as sure as I can be are sent are the logfile_xx.txt files and the wuresults_xx.dat files, with the "xx" being the number of the actual WU that you have sent. They are located in the work folder of where you installed the Folding@Home client, if you set up originally with the graphical client like I did. I will post the files that ploaf sent me here also. Just unzip them and put the console client in where you have your Folding@Home work installed and you might have to change the path for the sendall.exe for it to work if you're Folding work isn't in the default install location.

It will retry every ten minutes, or whenever you start the client. Just be patient, it will work.

Or, it may well have been sent already...

flounder43 said:
It will retry every ten minutes, or whenever you start the client. Just be patient, it will work.

Or, it may well have been sent already...
Hm it is workin on a new molecule but the text is still there:
WUs finished 1
How can i tell if it already sent the results?
In which file are the results logged?

Trap said:

Hm it is workin on a new molecule but the text is still there:
WUs finished 1
How can i tell if it already sent the results?
In which file are the results logged?

Should it say "2"?

If so, just quit the client, the restart it and look at the bottom, it is says somehting like "attempting to send work unit" even for a few seconds, it is indeed still trying...

Try that. Otherwise, wait until the one you are working on is done, and see what happens then. I have sent two at a time...

Yes i forgot to mention that it always trying to send re****s.I'll just do as you said,let him finish another one and try to send both.If the problem persists i'll reinstall ..what else..
it's strange cus i have two machines on which i'm folding and both are on dial-up,but this happened only on one(i hope it will stay so hehehe).
I'm lookin fwd to fixing that problem:)

Just a small update:
I checked my score @StatsMan and there is everythin o.k. it updated my score but stupid client still thinks its not uploaded muahahaha jsut liek u said Doc..
now my question is :
How can i find out which files are related to the problematic project so i can delete them and make dissapear from the queue for uploading?
Or the easiest way is to reinstall and start again?

Back