• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So I just impulse bought the Antec 300 Illusion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamesman32

Just bought this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129066

Now, my sig rig will be going into it, but before it does, how about some mods? Here's what I'm thinking so far:

Interior paint (black)
Cut honeycomb mesh from all fans
Cut wire management and CPU bracket holes
Cut hole in the bottom of case and flip the PSU mounting
Cut a window of some sort (not sure on shape)
- All finished
Remove the HDD cage, and mount my 1 HDD in the 5.25" bays, giving me more room in the GPU area - Decided not to

That's all I can think of so far. Any other ideas as to what I should do? (Trying to keep expenses to a minimum. I'm not going for MOTM or anything...)

Last edited:
Really i mean , Really ? You want to replace black pearl with that ? Well one mod i can suggest is to stealth your Optical drive , use the blank 5.25" cover to act as the drive door for stealthy look , i mean optical drives look awful . :)

The Black Pearl is about 2 feet long and 2 feet tall. I cant take it anywhere. It's like an ill-tempered 4 year old. It's a waste of space. I'm selling the BP as well, but that's another story. Stealthing seems like a good idea. Hadn't thought of it.

Before the BP I had the NZXT Beta. God, that thing was ugly. It was just to hold me over until I could get a nicer case (it was $40 with free shipping). Cooling wasn't bad though. The BP was really more of an investment because I knew what I wanted to do with it, and if I didn't like it, I could sell it and get at least what I paid.

Here's the rig. So far it's gotten the fan grilles removed, I've added all the fans, painted the interior black, cut some cable holes, cut a window, and painted the front bezel alpine white.

get-attachmentaspx.jpg

I like it. I was actually thinking about doing something similar with my 900, as far as painting the front grilles. I was thinking of doing silver or green with mine though, and replacing the blue LED fans with some green ones. Green isn't necessarily my favorite color, but I think it would look good with the case. It's hard to make a decision sometimes when it comes to modding a case. One of these days I may make up my mind, but your mod looks real good. If anything, it has inspired me to repaint the front grilles.

That looks great. I am pretty picky when it comes to mods, I like to keep things simple and sleek. But I do like that white front.

About the fan grills. Can someone show me a picture of exactly what he is talking about. I built a computer for a friend 6 months ago using an Antec 300. I remember it having the front bezels (what you painted white) with filters in them, but not so much an actual fan guard/grills.

This is also a case I hope use to build my girlfriends computer, or something very similar with more fans.

Here's some better pics. I added some aluminum case feet and acrylic to the window as well.

002-3.jpg

And the front used to look like this. I removed the grills seen below.

front-fans.jpg

Last edited:
I had an afterthought. 300 sorta looks like MOO. And what animal says "moo?" Of course, the cow. Bearing that in mind, I present to you the Moo Moo 300.

003-3.jpg

Back