• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS \ Boot Lag On Asus Crosshair II...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iAmCodeMonkey

When I first turn on the power bar in my room, the SupremeFX-II Logo on the soundcard is lit up, so is the ROG Logo on the Northbridge cooler, and the motherboard power and reset buttons. These logos and buttons are also lit up after shutting down the system, and they only go out after I turn off my power bar.

When I push the power button on my case, the system will start up, and go through the POST procedure, which is fine, but sometimes it will take a while to POST and get to the Vista loading screen, sometimes the screen will be black after the BIOS logo displays, and the system will seem to be not doing anything.

In rare scenarios, when I want to check the BIOS settings, the motherboard will seem to "hang" on something and the text on the screen will be very laggy, almost like someone is writing it all down in front of me, and the keyboard will become unresponsive as well, sometimes the lag will be so much that I have to do a hard reboot of the system.

With that said, when in Vista, the system is as responsive as ever, with no slowdowns to speak of. Mind you, I am not running a discrete GPU as of yet, and running on the onboard GPU.

Here is the specs of my system so far, if that helps:

BIOS Version 1802
All BIOS Settings Set To Auto

AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition: Stock Clock @ 3.0GHZ, Settings In BIOS Set To Auto

OCZ SLi-Ready RAM: 8GB, DRAM Settings In BIOS Set To Auto, Correct Frequency And Timings Detected

Seagate 750Gb HDD: Detected Correctly In BIOS

LG DVD Drive: Detected Correctly In BIOS

PSU: Corsair HX1000W 1000Watt Modular Power Supply

The board lights coming on and going out like that is perfectly normal for an ASUS.

Are you using ACC? I noticed a longer boot time on my M3A78-T when I enabled ACC, though I'm not sure why that would make such a difference. The lag time wasn't as dramatic as yours but it was there - especially on a reboot.

Also, what BIOS settings are still on [Auto] - everything?? That would take awhile for the BIOS to sift through. Have you tried setting the most common things (CPU multi, vCore, cpuNB multi, cpuNB voltage, HT Link, RAM speed and timings) to their stock values ...?

Back