• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your Highest and Lowest CPU Temps!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grishenko45

hi all,

just interested to know what your:

1. lowest temp on ldle
2. lowest temp on load
3. highest temp on idle - summer maybe using air cooling?
4. highest temp on load

ive seen people get like 80celcius on water cooling on thier 4.5ghz quad using prime 95 for hours! this is bad!!

my lowest idle temps were in winter on air cooling with the window open my
4.1ghz E8500 was at 22/23c!!! then loading ive got as low as 48c with the same chip in winter - then the highest!! in the summer!! idle ive got 42/43c and load 62/65c!!!

post your temps here!

I have an e5200, which has a non-soldered lid, which in turn means my temps are terrible compared to an e8xxx with a soldered lid.

So:

Lowest idle is at 2.5ghz .99v, i get 33*c if it's cold inside, or 37*c if i'm not freezing my balls off.
Lowest load is at the same settings, 44*c.
Highest idle is at [email protected], 44-48*c.
Highest load is at the same, 65*c.

1. 34 C
2. 42 C
3. 36 C
4. 65 C after 10 minutes PRIME 95 max heat
60-62 C under average (ie, gaming) heavy load

P5Q-E P45
E6550 450X7 default Intel 65nm 775 cooler, AS5
2.9V max

Antec Sonata 3/Corsair TX750
120mm exhaust at rear on high, 90mm intake on front at CPU 'altitude'
GPU (8800GTS512) fan @ 89% locked while gaming

Keep this in mind about core temp readings below 50C:

"The digital thermal sensor (DTS) accuracy is in the order of -5°C +10°C around 90°C ; it deteriorates to ±10°C at 50°C. The DTS temperature reading saturates at some temperature below 50°C. Any DTS reading below 50°C should be considered to indicate only a temperature below 50°C and not a specific temperature. External thermal sensor with “BJT” model is required to read thermal diode temperature."

http://download.intel.com/design/processor/datashts/320032.pdf

The link is for Atom processors, but apparently the sensors in 45nm Core 2 processors suffer from the same inaccuracy as the distance to TJ Max increases.

theocnoob, you have a P5Q-E! same :D
I got 69 on my Q6600 when it was @ 4.2ish ( 4.18 i think ) and that was a GO stepping model with a themalright UltraXtreme 120 with a scythe sflex fan! admitly my 120 wasnt on properly, i had only two screws on!!

ive got 22 degrees several times , thats the same temp as my house :D

Who ever got there P4 to get up to 78?? i did! i took the heatsink off afterwards and the bottom of the heatsink was a crazy rainbow of coloours like silver gold purple blue and a bit of green

- Lowest [actual] idle CPU temps with a 45W G2 Brisbane where the CPU runs less than 2W idle and the IHS and CPU temps read same as ambient whatever that may be. In winter that went down to 11°C.

- Lowest load temps are with the same 45W Brisbane moving +1°C after a 24hr load.

- Highest idle temp with it was in summer at 35°C when all the fans were removed and ambient was 32°C.

- Highest load temp with it was 56°C at 32°C ambients.

No fans are used in that AIO build, just the stock CPU heatsink.

AMD II X4 955 BE @ STOCK.

Low Temps:
Idle: 21c
Load: 36c

High Temps:
Idle: 28c
Load: 44c

Not sure on idle temps, but I ran a e8400 (Xeon version) with South Dakota winter air cooling which hit 0c on load running at 4.7GHz. It was chilly!

The highest load temp I had was with a passive heatsink that I was testing to see how much of a heat load it could take. I ran my quad core at 4.2GHz with MASSIVE voltage (1.6v+) and I hit 100c loaded before I dropped a fan on the heatsink. I actually did that a few times to see how accurate my testing was. :)

Back