• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daddyjaxx

I didn't put my mouse in the charging station this morning and when I booted up, it didn't work. Please tell me that the batteries will just drain in 14 hours and that my mouse isn't toast. Got it charging now, but I deleted it from the bluetooth devices to try and reconnect and it was a no go. Funny thing is my PC picked up an LG blueooth phone. I don't HAVE an LG bluetooth phone. Guess my neighbor upstairs does, :)

I would reconnect and it would drop off. I changed to the receiver that came with the combo and it is fine now. Funny, my keyboard and BB worked with the receiver I had. The mouse has always been kinda flakey. I'd be in Windows a good minute before it would work. I know it has to load the drivers first, but not a minute with an SSD drive.

According to MS, the battery is good for three weeks on a charge.

i have the Microsoft 7000 entertainment mouse and keyboard, they are bluetooth. When ever i have issues with 1 or the other the first thing I do is re-seat the bluetooth-to-USB thingy, works everytime.

also I didn't load anydrivers, I let windows do all of that.

That's the same one I have. I already had a Bluetooth adapter and was using that one. If you have a Blackberry, the only way to get it to work with bluetooth is to use the native windows drivers.

I didn't even think about unplugging the adapter. That's probably why it worked when I put the MS one in. Thanks, I'll remember that.

Ditto on the 7000.

Battery life is not great on the mouse but 14 hours is a little ridiculous. I leave mine doing nothing for days before It drains.

i use energizer rechargeable for both mouse and keyboard. id say i get a week or so with the mouse? naa i don't know, never pay attention, when the red light comes on I swap it out. don't even use the little charger pad.

Back