• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Minds and Opinions on Loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mandlevi

Registered
Tell me what you think

So here is the set-up:

DD-GTX285 V1 Full Block
ST Apogee GTZ i7 Block
ST MCR320 w/ 3 Yate Loon Med
ST MCP355 (Have a question here)
PrimFlex Pro 7/16in tubing
(Need some recommendations on fittings for 7/16 id)

Res>Pump>GPU>CPU>Rad>Res

My question on the pump is if you notice where I painted a green line I am wondering if there is a extension or fitting of some sort that I can bring that directly through that whole w/o causing a kink in the tubing. Also will that outcoming tube on the pump will affect the flow alittle bit? It looks as if it may kink it a little also.

Thoughts

Attachments

• 800D.jpg
    800D.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 69
The order of the loop could be Res > PUMP > RAIDIATOR > CPU > GPU
im sure someone will come in and say that

and i dont understand about the green part can you please clarify

Isn't there a pump accessory that you can attach to allow a vertical "Incoming" fitting? cause that would reduce the kink on the tubing. Thats what the green line is for, I wanted to hear some opinions on what they used for something like that.

mcp350.gif

http://www.swiftnets.com/store/product_details.asp?ProdID=415

turn the pump vertical so the in and out are both pointing up?

your out is making some tight bends

unless swifttech has their pics wrong

But if I wanted to I could go w/ a clear top for the MCP355 and that would make it look a little more descent. Performance = More important than looks, but I would like to get a settled groove on the look of the case too so..

But if I wanted to I could go w/ a clear top for the MCP355 and that would make it look a little more descent. Performance = More important than looks, but I would like to get a settled groove on the look of the case too so..
if you get that top and it comes in there, the out put of the pump has a U turn and a 90* bend right away to go through.

but I would like to get a settled groove on the look of the case too so..

I don't understand that

i would use a tube res instead of a bay res, less prone to bubbles because of turbulance, also seems like you have to space for it and imo looks better.

i'd prefer the cpu before the gpu
so maybe res>pump>rad>cpu>gpu->res or res>pump>cpu>gpu>rad>res

coils can prevent kinking, also tubing with thicker walls is less prone to kinking
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=400

edit: maybe this for the pump
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=439&products_id=25297
if i understand that right

if you get the XSPC res top for that pump the return is in the top of the top, lol, so as long as you have the space under there, it will work. but i don't have one so i'm not sure how tall it is.

XSPC Res Top

otherwise the non res version will work fine.

XSPC top

build looks good though!

All questions answered but I guess the final one about the Resevoir is, the 5.25 bay resevoir would look the best imo. But if it does have a reduced effect then maybe a tube res mounted to the MB backplate?And would cooling the GPU b4 the CPU impact temps that significantly?

yes the tube would fit nicely next to the mobo tray

temps and water pressure in different points in the loop have been topic to many debats
it varies and depends a lot of parts used and the setup. you might have to trial'n'error here.
try either or and see what works best for you.
i like to believe that if the cpu is before the gpu it receives cooler water and i am usually more concerned about cpu temps, so thats why i would put it first.

same with the rad in the loop. many say that pumping into the rad and feeding the cpu, vs having the coolest water in the res and feeding the pump with it, gives you the best/ lowest temp because it comes directly out of the rad but then there is the argument of the reduced pressure or heightened back pressure of the rad leading to less flow .. which is also arguable .. see where i am going with this?

you gain a little over here and lose a little over there and many say it's not so

The diff between the temps through out a loop is barely 1C difference anywhere.

Res before pump MUST be folllowed as a golden rule. Yes, rad between CPU and GPU will make a diff, your welcome to experiment. I like nice tube routing over a tiny temp diff.

Back