• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eCost royaly screwed me!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

Short story, I ordered a 42" 1080p LCD and recieved a 40" 720p.

Hindsight, some of this is my fault. Anyway, back in Septemeber of last year (yeah know), I ordered a 42" westinghouse from ecost for 680 shipped. Not a bad deal. Anyway I was just returning from a deployment and moving into a new apartment along with recieving all the fun toys after a deployment. I never checked the model...I mean who can tell the difference between a 40 and 42" TV? And I didn't have anything that could output 1080p.

Anyway, just today (a year after I recieved it!) I hooked up my laptop direct to the TV, planning on using it as an HTPC...well 720p worked fine but as soon as I tried to put up 1080p it was very grainy. I struggled for a few hours to no avail. Finally I checked the back to find the model so I could download the manual. I googled the model and only 40" models came up...anyway after logging back onto ecost and seeing my order of a TX-42F430S I'm totaly ****ed. At ecost and myself.

I'll call ecost tomorrow but I doubt they'll do anything about a sale they made 1 year ago. Arrrr, I just can't believe how they could do this...and then how I could miss it.

Back