• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q8200 using 1 cpu only

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amathews9518

I have an intel Q8200 quad core cpu. I have many programs that take advatage of multi processors and they will only use 1 cpu no matter what I do. I have a duo core on another machine and they use both cpu.
Could this be an issue with xp?:bang head

What are you using to tell its only using one core ?

Open Coretemp
Start Prime95 blend and see what happen

Lightwave rendering program. I set to 1 node or 4 nodes and rendering time is same. Butterfly network render auto recognizes cpu. It stays at 1 and won't let me change to 4. On duo system it shows 2 cpu

is this a fresh install of xp? if not then you need to run the repair option on windows xp to install the multi cpu driver.

My bios does not have an option to enable all cpu's. Device manager shows all 4 cpu's. This is an old install of xp. I will try to update tommorow.
Thanks

Start -> Run -> "msconfig" -> Boot -> Advanced Options -> Check "Number of Processors" And use the drop down box to select "4". Reboot and then check again.

Back