• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Sims 3 shader model question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

I bought Sims 3 but I haven't opened it because I notice my GPU is not mentioned on the box. For MAC it mentions 8800 series are supported- however on the PC side it mentions FX5900 or better, and GT/ GTS/ GTX series cards (ie, GT 210, GTS 250, GTX 275 etc)

I have an 8800GTS512 (G92 65nm 128SP) and I'm using XP 32bit

Specs

E6550 450 x 7
P5Q-E
2GB 1066 DDR 2
8800GTS512

Have you got a G92? Will it run? Any DX9 issues?

The guy at the store said if I don't open it I can exchange it so I await answers

Cheers :soda:

Yeah, you will be fine. If it says something that is 5 years old running SM2 is ok, Im sure yours running SM4 would be fine, really. Sit and think about it a second... ;)

All DX10 cards will run DX9, just as the DX10.1 and DX11 cards will run DX9.

Yeah, you will be fine. If it says something that is 5 years old running SM2 is ok, Im sure yours running SM4 would be fine, really. Sit and think about it a second... ;)

I did, and that's why I made the purchase. I've just run into really wacky things before and better safe than sorry-- and with a brick that won't run properly.

Thanks folks

I'm off to Sim... :soda:

Back