• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using tights/pantyhose as dust filters for Coolermaster HAF 932

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sunspoon

Registered
There are many threads about this lurking on the net, about imaginative solutions around the lack of dust filters on the HAF932 case - was wondering what denier you guys use on your dust filters?

I use the fabric softener sheets that you put in the dryer. I just grab the used ones that I use for my laundry and replace a once every month or so. Works great and is an excellent thing to do with something that is rather worthless after the initial use.

I use the fabric softener sheets that you put in the dryer. I just grab the used ones that I use for my laundry and replace a once every month or so. Works great and is an excellent thing to do with something that is rather worthless after the initial use.

And your PC smells Bounce fresh all of the time. :)

I get the "No Nonsense" off black regular, 3x size.
No mention of denier, but steer away from support versions as the weave density is too high for good airflow.
I got the 3x so there's more filter material per purchase (same price), and the (X) .Mrs wouldn't steal them.
I've not found an adhesive yet that melts them, but model cement works too. Color is unaffected by glues (not always the case).

3 pair for $5, not bad for several years supply of air filters.

Granted I have a different case but I use some thing like this: Air conditioner filters..

and I use adhesive backed Velcro strips to hold it on.... so i can remove it an wash it out in the sink...

all can be found at a hardware store for less than $10.

Back