• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help Finding Desktop Package for Mom

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kimbahpnam

So I need help with my technologically challenged mom who hasn't adapted to the internet world (but wants to now). She's asked me to help here find a desktop, but doesn't need any glitz and glamor (the most being a flat-screen LCD). This is the basic of the basics...no gaming, video editing, etc....simply a way to connect to the internet.
Any know any cheap package deals out there for this kind of thing?

It sounds like she would be happy with a used older computer off of craigslist. That is what I started my mom up with and she has been fine with it. She just hops on there to check mail and Skype, and a little internet surfing, so it works fine for her.

It sounds like she would be happy with a used older computer off of craigslist. That is what I started my mom up with and she has been fine with it. She just hops on there to check mail and Skype, and a little internet surfing, so it works fine for her.

Agreed. Since it appears from what you related a basic laptop or even a netbook would fill her needs.

If your not in any hurry keep an eye on woot! I believe 2 days ago had a Gateway for like $289(?). Lot of great deals on refurbished or new computers on there. I'd say at least once a month or so they have one. Definitely a sweet deal for a basic pc. Often they have an LCD listed on Sellout! the same day. Or just grab one off NewEgg.

Check classifieds as well, lotta sweet deals there. Post in the wanted section, bet you get a hit in no time.

Back