• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 920 batch 3910A, OC-ability?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iLoki

I'm looking to finally make the plunge and finish my system (as I originally intended it anyway)

Most of the 920's I'm seeing available now are batch 3910A.. Does anybody have experience with these, how well do they clock in comparison to, say, the 3849B?

Its a D0 so I know there's not much to worry about, but being watercooled, I wanna push this bad boy as far as I can, so any information to be offered is valuable.

I have a 39xxx and I am really having trouble with my OC. I am pretty sure its just my lack of knowledge of the system, because I am so used to overclocking my lga775 setup. I hope I can get it figured out. I got my i7 to load into windows at 4.2Ghz, but it took insane voltages on the cpu and qpi. I need to figure out how to lower those down.

maybe I should just hold out until I can grab a 3849A or 3849B off the classies... lol

I would love to see 4.4ghz :drool::drool:

Back