• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE7 browser bar

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ihrsetrdr

Señor Senior Member
At work we were using Firefox up until several days ago when one of the TS guys VNC'd in to our machine, during a system-wide software implementation. While "in" our machine, he noticed FF and took it upon himself to remove it, of course causing the loss of all our job related business links. :screwy: That is a moot subject for all practical purposes, the real issue is: How to modify IE7's browser navigation arrows(show below):

IE7.JPG

I would like to relocate them over on the right side of the browser bar, rather than having to go all-the-way over to the left.

Is this 'doable'?

Also, is there a spell-checker plug-in for IE7?

Starting with IE7 they, to use your phrase, "took it upon themselves" to specifically not allow you and me to adjust for our own use their ridiculous navigation and other button choices.

I spent a significant amount of time upon IE7's release to try to do that and concluded that it is not possible.

I don't know if add-ons have been released since, but the notion that there could be an add-on that would allow us to personalize such things would be a surprise to me. I regard it as a lost cause. I hate those guys who go out of their way to make sure we don't personalize.

Have you considered using portable Firefox, no install necessary, maybe you can use it in secret from your personal folder :) ?

Starting with IE7 they, to use your phrase, "took it upon themselves" to specifically not allow you and me to adjust for our own use their ridiculous navigation and other button choices.

I spent a significant amount of time upon IE7's release to try to do that and concluded that it is not possible.

I don't know if add-ons have been released since, but the notion that there could be an add-on that would allow us to personalize such things would be a surprise to me. I regard it as a lost cause. I hate those guys who go out of their way to make sure we don't personalize.

Have you considered using portable Firefox, no install necessary, maybe you can use it in secret from your personal folder :) ?

Yea, looks like MS has IE7 locked down the way they want.

As for running Firefox, we still have enough local admin rights to download and install software, but they must somehow have third party web browsers blocked, somewhere in the network.

Back