• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking on a P5Q Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grishenko45

Hi all,

I'm having no overclocking trouble or anything i just wanted to know if any of you have had trouble with this board and the bios not resetting itself after a bad OC. Its got a dual bios - which should restore the original bios from the second chip onto the corupted one - this worked for me after a bad OC - i just switched power off and at the wall - then all back on and held "DELETE" whilst it was trying to post - and it restored bios for me!!!

the weird thing was - with my q9650 - i upped the FSB from 333 to 360 and it posted and booted fine with no BSOD's but when i restarted rig to increase FSB the bios seemed to be dead!

then i did the above to reset bios!

why did it not boot at 360mhz??? such a small OC!! im hoping for 475mhz to get my 4.25Ghz clock speed!

thanks

i was running my 1066 corsair dominators on the fsb strap below to run them at 800mhz coz theyre not great overclockers - and with 1066 - theres headroom for big OCs!!

i put the vcore from 1.175 to 1.18v just to give it a bit more - it probs could have done it on stock volts - but hey!

that was all i changed

Back