• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Vista Won't Start-Up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dragon029

Registered
Okay, well I awaken this morning and turn on my computer, go put some clothes in the wash and come back, the screen's black, I wait some 30 seconds, nothing happens, restart, restart windows normally, it goes through the loading screen, but then just goes black after that.

Safe mode works (I'm posting this thread through it) but restarting, slow restarting (power off, wait, power on) and booting from the Vista disc doesn't work.

I'm using Windows Vista 64 bit Home Premium.

There's one important thing though, I downloaded d3drm.dll last night so that a flight sim called Flying Model Simulator would work. FMS didn't work after I downloaded it however and so I've deleted d3drm.dll in case it was the cause of my problems, it still won't start up normally however.

Any ideas?
I checked the BIOS too, no features or volts have changed as far as I can tell although I don't think they'd affect it.

Back