• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

headset issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fast96se

Ok ill keep it pretty simple, sound will come out of my speakers but not my headset. My speakers are hooked up with an optical cable, my headset has the analog jacks. The mic works there just is no sound coming out of my headset. Ive tried the basics, going into playback devices but my headphones dont show up as a device. Well thats not entirely true, they did and i set them as my default device but still no sound. My sound card is a supreme fx xfi that came with my motherboard. I went to asus website and downloaded this soundmax audio software but it just made things more frustrating. Please help, ask any questions you have.

Are the speakers hooked up to optical while trying to also listen to your headphones? i.e. try unplugging your speakers and just directly plugging in headphones.

Are the speakers hooked up to optical while trying to also listen to your headphones? i.e. try unplugging your speakers and just directly plugging in headphones.
yes i tried unplugging my speakers.

Have you tried running speakers or anything else through the same analog jacks?

Have you tried running the headphones on anything else?

Just trying to think of anything.

Have you tried running speakers or anything else through the same analog jacks?

Have you tried running the headphones on anything else?

Just trying to think of anything.

Yah I'd say test them in something else first.

You haven't mentioned what headset you're using? Perhaps this could help with a solution.

If they're USB cans, then try on another computer, etc blah blah. You get the idea.

the headset is a razer carcharias headset. i switched back to my original sound card cuz i had a soundblaster xfi titanium champion series, (the most expensive soundblaster card) and it was a big hassle i couldnt work out the bugs in it so im sending it back. My original sound card, the one thats in now, is a xfi supreme fx, it came with my asus maximus II mobo. And yes ive tried plugging my headset into the analog jacks that are on my case but still nothing. One thing that I could think would be a possible problem is I cant find the software CD for the soundcard anywhere, I remember when i got my computer i just installed the software that came on that cd and nothing else, though i never tested a headset with analog on it.

Back