• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temps on 9800gt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mike McIntyre

Registered
Would 62degrees cel. be considered too hot for my 9800gt at idle? I have fan in front sucking in, rear fan blowing out of case and side case fan sucking in. Computer is 3ft. from furnace duct and gets cold air when air cond. is on { 100% of time } spring till fall.Thanx.

Idle temps dont matter. What are the load temps? Basically, keep them under 85C and all will be well.

My old evga 9800gt I bought from newegg idle at 63c 35% fan speed and load at 87c 100% fan speed. I was told by evga those temperature are within specification, nothing to worry about. But if you are concerned about heat, what I suggest you to do is to get a 3rd party vga cooler to keep your temperature down. The other thing you can do is manually adjust your fan speed to 100% if you don't mind vacuum sound.

temps

My temps at idle are 63cel and when grandson plays his WOW the temp goes to 70. I am using RIVA tuner and have set it to run 100%,don't mind the fan sound,I'm half deaf anyway!

old gpus tend to get really hot, 9800 was a little better than the series 7 (series 9 = 8)

on my 7800gtx once i burned (can't find the real word for it) my finger when it was at 90C

i sold that gpu to a friend and it is still working, so i would assume your temps are withing specifications

Back