• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

software for easy OCing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sage0030

what would somone recommend for overclocking AMD phenom 2x4 955? im new to this, software, somthing that will do the ratio's for me,

You should be overclocking in teh bios my friend. However AMD Overdrive I believe is a decetn software utility. But again, do it in the bios and learn what you are doing!!!!!!!!

If you need help working in the BIOS, this is the place to learn.

So :welcome: to the OCF forums, how may we help you?

I would first suggest reading my articles (check sig) to learn more about the Phenom II. There is an in depth description on how to overclock your Phenom II in the BIOS.

The reason behind doing BIOS OCing rather than Software OCing is a stability issue. The Software can only interact with the hardware so much.

If you need help working in the BIOS, this is the place to learn.

So :welcome: to the OCF forums, how may we help you?

I would first suggest reading my articles (check sig) to learn more about the Phenom II. There is an in depth description on how to overclock your Phenom II in the BIOS.

The reason behind doing BIOS OCing rather than Software OCing is a stability issue. The Software can only interact with the hardware so much.

I went to microcenter and got this really big cooler :santa:. set it up on the cpu , I just want to oc it the right way, I dont want to burn it out, I thought oc was going to be easy, if I wanted to go to 3.6 what settings would I use in the bios? mulitplayer voltate etcc. anyone have this same cpu? by the way I have the phenom 2x4 955.

Every chip is different. Read Dolk's guides, get a solid start and we can help!!! Settings from PC A with your same chip may not work on your PC. Its not that easy sadly.

An easy way to start is to raise the cpu multiplier and the cpu voltages. make sure you raise things little by little and run stablity tests. Try to read dolks guide to overclocking, it will help a lot.

With the right teaching you can get that sucker to 3.8 easily. And with better training the 4.0ghz is reachable.

With the right teaching you can get that sucker to 3.8 easily. And with better training the 4.0ghz is reachable.

I know im probley asking to much, but I know over or close to 4gh is for advanced users, the chip I have is fast enough for me, but I want to oc a little, maybe 3.6 or 3.4, what settings in bios will I need, isnt there anyone that can just tell me? :bang head

I have already mentioned that there really isnt an accurate "cookie cutter" setting for CPUs. They would be in teh ballpark fine, but... If you want settings handed to you on a platter that may not work, someone else will have to give them to you. We all started out like you except those in 'the know' took the time to understand what they are doing and the reprecussions of doing things incorrectly. Sorry, no cookie cutter settings from me. :)

I understand totally, :screwy:. I will read up on it more , take care,

Sage, this quote is perfect for this situation...

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.”

Once you learn how to overclock, you will be more educated about computers and how things work, and how to troublshoot when something goes bad. =)

Overclocking is a way of life, once you get into it, everything changes.

Kinda like your first time in bed.

Anyone else feel like putting in their own quote of why to teach someone?

Back