• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GatorChamp

So my new computer came today, put it together and fired it up. Everyone is running fine. I have the x2 550 and a lot of people have been able to unlock the other 2 cores and some with my MB: ASROCK A780GMH. I finally found the option in the bios and set it to auto and now I am just at a blue screen :bang head
I have shut it off and turned the switch off on the power supply hoping it would reset but no luck. Anyone ideas?

~Thanks :confused:

There is a bios reset jumper near the battery:) move it from 1-2 to 2-3 for about a minute then put it back. This will clear BIOS. If you cant find the jumper then pull the battery and let it sit for a while then put it back in this should also clear BIOS.

Your chip may not be able to be unlocked as it may actually have 2 bad cores.

Thanks, that was my first thought...but i didnt see it or the battery. I come to find out that it was hiding being the video card.

That is was i was afraid of, I have heard of people being able to unlock 1 additional core for a triple core. Is that even worth trying or is three cores a waste of time? :)

The more cores the better so it is not a waste of time but it may take some time to check it out.

I had the same issue on a Biostar board. This 🔗 may be of use but as a disclaimer: you can damage the circuitry if you ground out.

Back