• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So how do I make these sound sensitive cathodes work??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

koroush

Registered
Well guys... I just bought some cathode lights for my PC and to my surprise they came with "Sound control module"s

It is the blue thing: Which is pretty much just a box with a speaker hole in it.... Or is it a Mic?

I think it is a mic.
CLK12BL_wholething.jpg

Here is the product..

http://www.logisyscomputer.com/viewsku.asp?SKUID=CLK12RD&DID=CCFLKIT

Anyhelp guys? I have no idea how to make them flash when I play music..

Are you sure it is a sound activated one? The one in the link looks like a standard CCFL. You need an add on piece to make it sound sensative. That blue box is normally just the inverter.

Yes, but the blue box isn't the sound control module is what people are saying I think.

It is the blue thing: Which is pretty much just a box with a speaker hole in it.... Or is it a Mic?

Those are ventilation holes. It is an inverter, basically a type of power supply. I've added a picture of the insides of the inverter. As you can see the main capacitor of this one burst (in a strange manner) maybe due to heat.

inverter.jpg

Back