• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mATX P55 Party Time!! Be warned BIG PICS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
Starting off with these 3 boards, only 3 atm that have overclocking features.

party.jpg

Parts:
Intel i7 860
Gskill RipJaws DDR3-1600 [email protected]
Noctua NH-UP12 SE2
ASRock P55M Pro
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4

**NO COMMENTS ABOUT MONEY PERIOD!!!!

Last edited:
CPU PWM Comparison

ASRock P55M Pro
P55MProPWM.jpg

If you look closely you see one phase off by it self at the top of the cpu. This leads me to believe this is a 4+1 phase setup, 4 phases for the cpu and 1 for the IMC. This board is the cheapest of the bunch at $99 on newegg.

Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2
GA-P55M-UD2pwm.jpg

Looks like the P55M-UD2 follows the P55M Pro but adds another phase to the IMC. as you notice the two phases at the top of the socket are missing one ic vs the four on the left side of the socket. That means we are looking at a 4+2 design for pwm here. This board is in the middle of the price range at $109 on newegg.

Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4
GA-P55M-UD4pwm.jpg

This board has 12 phases for the cpu and 2 phases for the IMC. The P55M-UD4 is $149 on newegg, M3G being the highest pricest one@$199(newegg).

All of the board here are CF ready and the UD4 is the only one with SLI certification. going on board layout for my needs i really like the P55M Pro and the P55M-UD2. with the UD2 in a CF setup the spacing for the cards is much wider then on my X58-Gene board. As i have one card with the Vortexx on it and i couldnt get the second card in on the bottom most slot. i had to move the Vortexx equipped card to the bottom most slot to use CF.

Last edited:
Max BCLK

Asrock P55M-Pro

Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2
egap55mud2220blck.jpg

Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4

Last edited:
Why are you online and not putting CPUs in sockets? :beer:

Subscribed.

A very nice collection you got there Evilsizer. Your definitely going to need that little red energy drink in your picture. Building 3 rigs is a bit of work! I'm going to be very interested in the AS Rock and how it does. Does your girl friend/wife know you blew the budget this month :)

Why are you online and not putting CPUs in sockets? :beer:

Subscribed.
Takin pics first then i was eating dinner...

A very nice collection you got there Evilsizer. Your definitely going to need that little red energy drink in your picture. Building 3 rigs is a bit of work! I'm going to be very interested in the AS Rock and how it does. Does your girl friend/wife know you blew the budget this month :)
Not married and GF,GF's just want to spend MY money. LOL, no really i dont have either so i do with my $$ as i please. well i only have one 860 atm but Brolloks is helping me out to get another one.

I put my money on that Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4 to make that 860 scream the loudest :)
Im betting it will to but im also hoping the P55M Pro might suprise us.

Brolloks, your on for Quarter that the $99 AS P55M Pro rocks it. :burn::burn:
well ASRock is a subsidiary of Asus so you never know what it will do. on the AMD side ASRock isnt to bad for ocing, not the best but prolly in the middle.

Last edited:
Got to take apart rig#2 for the psu and i will use the 9600GSO for now. I am just after ocing result and what might i get for 24/7 stable. time to load up the thumb drive, to the lairrrrrr!!!

I've been curious about how the Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4 overclocks... looking forward to your results.

4 vs 14 phases..Assrock vs Giga UD4...mmm, who wants to change their bet ;)

well just a update UD4 is 12+2 after checking GB website. Right now the ASRock is running at 172 BLCK, higher then i thought it would make it too. cpu right now is slightly over [email protected], i know not much cpu speed. im prolly using a bit to much cpu V but on auto it does 1.21v idle then on load hits 1.32v. running 64bit prime95(8 threads running) max cpu temp so far is 65c. was priming for a bit lastnight on 3.4ghz seeing the same max temp. i had to take the voltages for VTT,Cpu PLL, IOH off of auto it wouldnt boot at 166 Blck. after manually adjusting voltages got past 166 Blck. if i recall max blck on auto voltages(maunall cpu/dimm) was around 135.

M-UD4 might be different, but I only need like 1.26Vtt for 200 BCLK. AUTO gives it 1.40Vtt there IIRC.

You might also try just booting at 200BCLK. My reg UD4's first boot to the desktop was at 200BCLK without touching anything in MIT except BCLK, it was that easy. Turbo = AUTO will drop the multi to 21x there, but if you're still not ready for 4GHz+, manually drop the multi.

No ss of CPU at 4.5 Ghz:confused:
if i hit 4.5ghz i sure will! im feeling out the asrock board first, dont want flames! :)

M-UD4 might be different, but I only need like 1.26Vtt for 200 BCLK. AUTO gives it 1.40Vtt there IIRC.

You might also try just booting at 200BCLK. My reg UD4's first boot to the desktop was at 200BCLK without touching anything in MIT except BCLK, it was that easy. Turbo = AUTO will drop the multi to 21x there, but if you're still not ready for 4GHz+, manually drop the multi.

sounds like a plan, will have to try that, hope that voltage does the same on the asrock. after the Asrock it wil be the UD2 then off to the UD4...

Back