• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus X83Vb Bluetooth not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

petteyg359

Likes Popcorn
I've got an Asus X83Vb notebook (it is in my sig). It has integrated bluetooth. On the pre-installed x64 Vista Home Premium, bluetooth worked. I overwrote that with x64 Vista Ultimate and amd64 Gentoo. Now, neither can find the bluetooth device. I've tried every driver from Asus's download site, and none work. devmgmt.msc shows Unknown Device, and Base System Device under "other devices" with no drivers installed. Any ideas?

Last edited:
My bluetooth is somehow connected to my wireless card, such that if my wireless is disable or switched off, the bluetooth device is also deactivated. Maybe yours is similar. See if turning on your wireless helps.

Hey, I have the blue version of this laptop, and I was wondering if under linux if you have it where the green camera light will turn on after suspend.

My bluetooth is somehow connected to my wireless card, such that if my wireless is disable or switched off, the bluetooth device is also deactivated. Maybe yours is similar. See if turning on your wireless helps.

The wifi card is an Intel 5100. It is on all the time. In Control Panel > Bluetooth Devices, clicking Bluetooth Settings doesn't bring up any dialog.

petteyg359, try this...

Start -> control panel -> (go to classic view) -> bluetooth devices -> bluetooth settings -> (click the "options" tab) -> check the box that says "show the bluetooth icon in the notification area" -> Apply -> Ok -> close.

Then, when you turn on your wireless you should see a bluetooth icon show up in the bottom right corner of the screen in the notification area of your taskbar. If not... then you need to right click your task bar and go into your notification area settings and make sure the blutooth icon isn't being hid.

Finally, you should be able to right click the bluetooth icon and turn on the bluetooth adapter.

Hope that works for you.

petteyg359, try this...

Start -> control panel -> (go to classic view) -> bluetooth devices -> bluetooth settings -> (click the "options" tab) -> check the box that says "show the bluetooth icon in the notification area" -> Apply -> Ok -> close

Minor problem with that.

In Control Panel > Bluetooth Devices, clicking Bluetooth Settings doesn't bring up any dialog.

Back