• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noctua NH-U12P on q6600 GO @ 3.4 ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That is high to me. I barely hit 60c and have a Xigmatek 120mm.

What is your ambient temps?
How do you have your case fans configured?
Did you check the flatness of the HS?

it was flat and shiny..thats all i remember as its been about 3 months... i have one fan pushing air thru the noctua, and one fan on my case (120mm) pulling it. i used zerotherm thermal paste..

Welcome to the forums...Like CGR mentioned, the difference in your temps and the article authors temps could be the difference in the flatness of both the heat spreader and the h.s. Something to consider also is the usage of the thermal compound e.g. the thickness of the application, and the brand used. In the case of thermal paste application, the saying "too much is just as bad as not enough" is so true and imho, an understatement.
Just a thought...you could try reducing the volts a bit to see if it remains stable and your temps should drop some.
You could try loosening the timings on the ram and reduce the cpu vcore and see if the cpu is still stable at your current speed.

Edit: I forgot to add that you should allow a "burn in" period for the thermal paste to cure..you may see slight reduced temps after a few days or a couple of weeks.

i used the quadcore method ( a thin line thru the center of the cpu)

Back