• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus rampage 2 extreme? Overpriced?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Damir Poljak

Is asus rampage 2 extreme really worth the money or I should settle with some asus p6t6 series. I like asus and budget is ~$400 more or less.

Thanx!

My specs below.

It's worth the money for those who can use it to it's full potential. Much the same as the EVGA Classified. If you're gonna get it cold, likely you'll need the extra that the board can offer. If not, grab a good board in your price range. Asus P6T Deluxe and Foxconn Bloodrage(GTI) are the boards I have used with great success. GA-EX58-UD3R, DFI LP DK X58-T3eH6 and GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 are good boards the will clock well as far as I've read.

It is an expensive board .. but its ultimately about 'Value' .. if your getting the best out of it and pushing it to its limits then 'yeah, its worth the money'

(incidently mine was a complete waste of money !) ;) as it spends half its life set to a mild overclock folding 24/7 unless I am gaming on it .. occasionally I decide I want to push it a little and thats when I appreciate what I bought. :D

Back