• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Add voices to XP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dgk

XP comes with one voice installed (Control Panel, Speech, Text To Speech tab). I've managed to add a few more by installing the SAPI 5.1 SDK, but there really should be a way to add voices without needing to do that. I've Googled and Binged, but I'm not looking to disguise my voice or add a voice message to an email or Powerpoint.

I tried using Sp5TTIntXP.exe but all that does is create a Sp5TTIntXP.msm merge file which is apparently useless.

Anyone know how to add a voice to XP without adding the whole SDK to a machine?

XP comes with one voice installed (Control Panel, Speech, Text To Speech tab). I've managed to add a few more by installing the SAPI 5.1 SDK, but there really should be a way to add voices without needing to do that. I've Googled and Binged, but I'm not looking to disguise my voice or add a voice message to an email or Powerpoint.

I tried using Sp5TTIntXP.exe but all that does is create a Sp5TTIntXP.msm merge file which is apparently useless.

Anyone know how to add a voice to XP without adding the whole SDK to a machine?

Bill gates once said nobody will ever need more than one text to speech voice. Look where we are now.

Seriously though: I searched once too, came up with nothing.

Back