• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New chip just arrived!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blue Jester_2112

Woohoo!!!11

My new xp 1600 just arrived in the mail. It's an AGKGA 9- week 51. Cant wait to see what it can do. I'm not gonna unlock it right away though, I wanna sit on for awhile and fiddle with the FSB.

Gotta run to the hardware store and get some longer screws for my pal8045. (The only way to mount it on my A7m is to use my Golden Socket, that or break out the dremel...hmmm...maybe later.) :D

I'll fire it up later and see what she'll do at stock voltage by bumpin the FSB. I'll post it here.

:D:D:D

keep us updated, i hope it will at least meet or exceed PR rating 1600+ woudl be nice 1700 will be great.

hope it all goes well

i got my Green XP last week..i could only oc it to 153 fsb....but i think that board sucked so when i get my new one ill let you know....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Chalk this up to another horror story :(

I put my system back together, popped in my new chip and mounted my new HS/F and.....NOTHING!

I went over my system, checked everything and what do I find?

2 traces, 2 stinking traces on the MB are severed!

Dang it, I don't know how it happened but I'm p***ed. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Oh well, time to try and get a new board and go post a "how can you fix traces on a MB" thread in the mobo section. :(

That sucks hope you get your new Mobo soon. I had a broken Mobo delivered one it sucks well have fun with your chip I have a 1900XP and its great

Just ordered an 8kha+

Figured this was as good an excuse as any to get a new board.

I'm still gonna try to fix the A7m though, it's still a strong board, not worth writting off.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Back