• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Testing your ISPs DNS secrity?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i use my verizon DNS server... im all of 10 miles away from it and its the fastest available.

never liked opendns.... it redirects you to their page when you put in the wrong url or a bad one.

Is there a way? Is it better to use Opendns?

I use a combination of hosts file on my router and my isp's DNS server, anything else has increased hops.

Why the interest in testing your ISP's DNS servers for security??, most DNS servers are not secure, there are a number of exploits and flaws in DNS which many servers have not patched.

Last edited:
I use a combination of hosts file on my router and my isp's DNS server, anything else has increased hops.

Why the interest in testing your ISP's DNS servers for security??, most DNS servers are not secure, there are a number of exploits and flaws in DNS which many servers have not patched.

Just some odd DNS issues the last few days, some sites report a DNS error & some load fine.

I run my own DNS server at work. I figure if it gets screwed up I know who to call in the back room. :D ;)

DNS isn't designed to be secure, really. There are improvements that have been specified but the problem with infrastructure is everyone needs to be on the same page to make it so.

Back