• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Photoshop Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cold.nut

Whats the easiest way to select my friend from the picture, nothing else?

I am trying to find a quicker easier way

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 81
Its been a while since I've used photoshop and there might be a better way, but the lasso tool has an option to make it sort of magnet to edges. In this picture almost all of the edges has good contrast with the background so you just need to go around and select him. Then copy and paste into a new layer, select the wall you can see between his two arms and delete it, and you've got him seperated.

use the magic wand tool its the 4th tool from the top. you might need to adjust the tolerance and invert the selection to remove just your friend.

use the magic wand tool its the 4th tool from the top. you might need to adjust the tolerance and invert the selection to remove just your friend.

Yes, magic wand tool, try contagious about 30 px, if it is to much try less, click on white, than hold shift and click again on areas that are not selected around your friend. When that is done use lasso tool and shift select everything else - make a hole circle on non selected areas while holding shift (except your friend). Now SHIFT+CONTROL+I or find in "selection - select inverse" to select inverse. You wont notice any difference. Right click on your friend with lasso tool and select copy. Now you have a layer with your friend. you can delete the original layer, (in this case click 2x on lock on background layer and click OK) now you can delete background and leave your copy layer.
I hope I helped, I do not have Photoshop on this macbook so I am writing this from memory.
Good luck.

Back