• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hehe Finally. Philli chip does 133fsb @ 1.55vcore. Philli chips rock!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ol' man

I finally found one locally. These chips are the ones to get. I will see what it will do later!

I didn't even boot this chip with the IHS on it! Removed the IHS about 30 seconds after it was removed from the intel box.

wow, really low voltage compared to mine! :cool:
ol'man plz post your batch info if it's a newer than mine (7140A302-0121)

Do you still recommend the Glaciator II for the Tualatins? Or what heatsink are you using...

Also, just how strong are the cores without the IHS? About the same as the CuMines, just smaller? And I know you always use a "custom" shim...you make it out of tape or something. Care to post pics of that?

doer said:
wow, really low voltage compared to mine! :cool:
ol'man plz post your batch info if it's a newer than mine (7140A302-0121)

My guess is your voltage needs to be higher b/c of the powerleap; more circuits=need more voltage. Would be interesting if you could pop it into a Tualatin board and compare...

After comparing the vcores of the philli chips I found the ones with a B in the batch code are the best not the ones with a "A" like yours!

update....

Here is what it is doing now.

fpo batch # is 7134B292

In the database it seems these are the ones to find. The ones with a "A" in them seem to not clock as high.

MadMan007 said:
Do you still recommend the Glaciator II for the Tualatins? Or what heatsink are you using...

Also, just how strong are the cores without the IHS? About the same as the CuMines, just smaller? And I know you always use a "custom" shim...you make it out of tape or something. Care to post pics of that?

id say theyre on par with AMD cores when the IHS is removed...

Heya,
Remember me? :) I've been thinking about removing my IHS on my Cel 1.2... Going to be getting a BX6 Rev2 (1/4 div!!! WOOO) from a friend REALLY soon and I also just ordered a CM HHC-001 (http://www.coolermaster.com.hk/en/products/cooler/hhc-001.html)...
I would really like to get all I can out of my Phil 1.2 (Running @ 1488mhz 1.55v with crappy heatsink on bh6).

Anyway, back to the IHS... How hard is it to remove? Or should a wuss like myself just not try it? How much gain is really going top be made by doing this? 1-2c? 4-5c? Or should I just lap the IHS (and hhc-001) and forget about it? :)

I would really like to hit 1.6+ (bx6 rev2 has 153fsb hehe :) ) on this nice Phil.

Thanks

I had similar results with my 1.1a, ol' man...straight out of the box at 1.5v on 133FSB...1.46Gb...yes, Philli chips do indeed ROCK!

Thanks ol man :D

Now I know which batch I should be looking for :)

Unfortunetely, I've got the A :(

You the man You the man You the man You the man You the man You the man You the man You the man You the man You the man You the man You the man You the man You the man You the man You the man You the man You the man You the man You the man

Good job ol'man your chip is very similiar to mine. I wanna see what you get that thing to with the IHS removed. Do you have watercooling for that thing?

This is my third 1.2 cel-t and the best one. I have owned 1 1.2GHz PIII and also have a 1.0a cel-t also but am selling that one cheap. Just outa curousity I wanted to see what I could get it too. I think 1660 is the best I can get it stable too and it is on air with a pal 6035. I can boot past 1.7GHz with this chip but to load windows needs a miracle. H2O cooling to be exact. With my fridge cooler I bet I could get it to 1750~1800. This is one sweet chip.

ol' man said:
This is my third 1.2 cel-t and the best one. I have owned 1 1.2GHz PIII and also have a 1.0a cel-t also but am selling that one cheap. Just outa curousity I wanted to see what I could get it too. I think 1660 is the best I can get it stable too and it is on air with a pal 6035. I can boot past 1.7GHz with this chip but to load windows needs a miracle. H2O cooling to be exact. With my fridge cooler I bet I could get it to 1750~1800. This is one sweet chip.

Mind if I ask where you procured such a device? If you don't mind revealing your sources! ;)

They have one left. I will PM you. They are not cheap though but I guess you get what you pay for huh. It is local I so I checked out the chip thoroughly before I bought it.

Back