• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How is my cable management?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
you can do better than that,

make it look cleaner! Put some cable sleeves or something on those suckers

Thats my opinion on it

It's not too bad, considering what you have to work with. There always seems to be a rat's nest in the bottom of the case with non-modular PSUs...I'm just lucky I can shove my extra cables under my HDD cages.

Getting rid of IDE cables helps, I bought a new SATA CD/DVD Drive just to get my IDE outta there. A little zip-tie/electrical tape work on all the thin wires should help straighten things up.

I like "training" the cabling to lay right where you want them to. You have to bend them all out straight and then bend them where you want them to sit. I am also quiet fond of the flat ribbon cables. You can hide all kinds of stuff under them. Here is an example of what I am talking about.

Best bit of advice is to drill hole in the backside of the motherboard try to run all the unused cabling behind the motherboard.

final2-1.jpg

Last edited:
Heh, :) it does need a little work... vv

nest-1.jpg

...but it's a lot better than my last rig. I'll post a pic if you want to see a real rat's nest. :D

What case is that ??? Knowing that would help a bunch. And why not show the "real rats nest". Cannot help if we cannot see it.

[Edit] LOL...Is that a rat I see ??? Now that is funny !!!!!!

Is that an IDE floppy cable I see? They still make those? :)

Yeppers that is a ribbon style floppy cable...I like em...Nothing like being the computer "guru" and having someone hand you a floppy disk.

"Duh" I dont have one of those..."Er" well not in my computer..."Hang on" I have a USB floppy.

I always put a floppy drive in every single box I build. That will probably change as more and more motherboards are dropping the floppy.

Just call me an old school floppy head.

Last edited:
I've got the Cosmos S, and I'm pretty sure both cases are the same on the inside. You should have enough room using the empty drive cages and the backplane of the motherboard tray to hide most of those cables. I'll have to take a shot of my internals later.

Granted, I'm not using any IDE devices anymore, so that definitely has a bearing.

Use zip ties to clean up the mess of unused cables in the bottom, and if you don't need it, drop the fan+shroud on the bottom as well to make room for stowing cables.

I've got the same PSU as you, so know it can be done. I'll try to upload some pics tonight or tomorrow as examples.

What case is that ??? Knowing that would help a bunch. And why not show the "real rats nest". Cannot help if we cannot see it.

[Edit] LOL...Is that a rat I see ??? Now that is funny !!!!!!

*sigh*... heh, I was hoping nobody'd call me on that. :D I dug this outta my closet... it's from my ummm, beige box salad days. BIOS went a while back. I suspect suicide... one sympathizes.

Behold God's mistake! vv
mynest001.jpg

You weren't kidding. That indeed is a rat's nest. Love the little stuffed dude sitting in the nest. :p

OMG some one call the authorities the spaghetti factory exploded hahahhaah jk

mine looked like crap too i re did it this weekend

Back