• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adding more memory question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dexterm99

Hi,
I have a computer that someone else overclocked, and I am not very knowledgeable on overclocking so i need some help. I have a q6600 that is overclocked from 2.66 to 3.2, and two sticks of gskill ddr2, dram speed 1:1.2, ddr volt 2.1. I purchased two more sticks of the exact same memory, part numbers the same etc. I was curious if i can just add these to my motherboard, or will i have to change the settings for everything else, ie downclock it, and then slowly overclock it, to add these? Or if i do add them without changing anything will it possible hurt my computer. thanks for the help

Hi,
I have a computer that someone else overclocked, and I am not very knowledgeable on overclocking so i need some help. I have a q6600 that is overclocked from 2.66 to 3.2, and two sticks of gskill ddr2, dram speed 1:1.2, ddr volt 2.1. I purchased two more sticks of the exact same memory, part numbers the same etc. I was curious if i can just add these to my motherboard, or will i have to change the settings for everything else, ie downclock it, and then slowly overclock it, to add these? Or if i do add them without changing anything will it possible hurt my computer. thanks for the help

You'll need to reset CMOS and go back to square one.
If the ICS in your new modules don't play nice with the ones in the old modules, you could be in for some real work.
List all of your hardware specs in a sig.

Back