• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rate This General Rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I have been looking at parts for a friend to build her a nice little new system see I built her one last year out of whatever I had some INTEL 478 system rig but now its showing its age and kinda of slow.

I have these parts and I need to buy some here's what I have planned

Windows XP Home SP3 £67
AMD Sempron 3600+ AM2+ CPU £20
Crucial 2GB DDR2667 RAM £25
Sapphire Pure Elemente AMD 690V Board £36+ Del (can be found here if anyone is wondering what it is http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Sapp...-E-(x16)-DDR2-800-Micro-ATX-On-Board-Graphics)
Seagate 160GB SATA-II HDD £36
Onboard graphics and sound

Total £184

It will be used for college work general surfing and music playback possible music converting as well depends so any good?

I have been looking at parts for a friend to build her a nice little new system see I built her one last year out of whatever I had some INTEL 478 system rig but now its showing its age and kinda of slow.

Not sure that Sempron system would really be considered an upgrade...why not go for more modern HW...Shoot, even a ION would probably be faster :confused:

Thats fair honest advice I was wary at it because of the Sempron so a Athlon II 240 X2 it is then have to spend a little extra than I wanted but hey it's allllll good.

The only sempron i know of that would be an upgrade would be the Sempron 140, and that is only cause it is the new regor core. Athlon II prices are cheap enough i would think you could grab the 240 for cheap, just make sure you have a mobo that has a bios update that supports it.

Back