• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with crysis?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheMisfit

Registered
for some reason my PC wont run crysis at all and i have specs that should run it very well at at least medium? I'm getting about 24 fps average with medium at 1024 768. Ive seen this guy on youtube with a lower end pc run it much better on ultra high?

Specs:
AMD Phenom 9600 X4 @2.3 Ghz
XFX 9800 GT 512 MB
2GB OCZ 800 Mhz Ram
ASrock a780LM
Onboard sound
Coolmaster 550 watt psu
Antec 300 case
2X80 GB hdd

I think your being limited by your cpu because of the low resolution, when I had an 8600gts I was able to play the game on high at that resoltion. Try overclocking your cpu or if you could set a higher resolution do so.

Make sure you VSYNC through windows (the nvidia control panel).

We have the same GPU core so here's what I'm running:

Rivatuner to jack my GPU core up about 100Mhz, shaders up about 200Mhz, and RAM up about 50Mhz. Fan also jacked up.

in Nvidia control panel make sure gamma correction/AA/AF are shut to off as well as being off in the actual game. Set your quality to CLAMP, HIGH and make sure optimizations (trilinear optimization and anisotropic optimization etc) are off as they seem to slow crysis down.

OVERCLOCK YOUR SYSTEM.

I run 1280x720 @ 35-40 FPS, everything is on high.

E6550 Conroe (spew) dual core, 2.33>>3.10
2Ghz 1066
8800GTS512 G92 (your card with an extra 32? stream processors)

in direct X 9

Make sure you VSYNC through windows (the nvidia control panel).

We have the same GPU core so here's what I'm running:

Rivatuner to jack my GPU core up about 100Mhz, shaders up about 200Mhz, and RAM up about 50Mhz. Fan also jacked up.

in Nvidia control panel make sure gamma correction/AA/AF are shut to off as well as being off in the actual game. Set your quality to CLAMP, HIGH and make sure optimizations (trilinear optimization and anisotropic optimization etc) are off as they seem to slow crysis down.

OVERCLOCK YOUR SYSTEM.

I run 1280x720 @ 35-40 FPS, everything is on high.

E6550 Conroe (spew) dual core, 2.33>>3.10
2Ghz 1066
8800GTS512 G92 (your card with an extra 32? stream processors)

in direct X 9
I'm running it on direct X 10, does this make a huge impact on preformance?
i think i get better preformance on the lower resolution. my highest is 1280x1024 though. i just changed some of the Nvidia control panel options like you said. Ill see how it is now

Well you know overclocking your CPU/GPU makes a huge difference. I'm not familiar with DX10 sadly. I imagine it's going to be a bit more intensive.

I get this + about 15-20FPS when fraps is OFF at 1280/720. This is everything on high in DX9

hmm
i overclock my 9800 gt to
700/950/1700
my cpu wont overclock for ****
i can only overclock from 2.3 ghz to 2.4 ghz steady
i tried running at my highest resolution and adjustments in nvidia cntrol panel. now i get like 27 avg fps

Run in DX9, it will give a noticeable boost in performance. Make sure you have all the latest patches, and OC your CPU as far as it will go.

dan

Run in DX9, it will give a noticeable boost in performance. Make sure you have all the latest patches, and OC your CPU as far as it will go.

dan

Hm. i want to try it in DX9 but, theres no in-game option that will let me choose. It's not in the game files either. I think its because im running Vista

IIRC, you can right click on the .exe and choose "run with DX9" or something similar.
Thanks, i found out the click on games in the start menu will let me select that buy right clicking its .exe

dan
my Cpu wont overclock very far. mabey 1.5 ghz raise if im lucky haha

yeah dx9 mode is a lot smoother I ran it on high for the whole game on dx10 but last level it started to slow down a lot so I switched to dx9! Problem solved!

yeah dx9 mode is a lot smoother I ran it on high for the whole game on dx10 but last level it started to slow down a lot so I switched to dx9! Problem solved!
lol for some reason i get the best preformance on the snow part of the game
like 35 fps average. usually at the beginning part i get about 20-25 fps -_- it sucks idk whats wrong with my computer ha. i have the **** to run it

Yeah to tell the truth my sig had it running high/ultra full AA all the way to the boss at the end then it was freezing up (unplayable until I hit directx9 mode, bear in mind gaming at 1400*900) just completed it lately!

p.s do you have the game patched my pc is nothing great, could be a setting in your graphics card program, on far cry 2 when a setting is enabled in catalyst control centre the trees are all messed up! might be a bug!

Last edited:
Yeah to tell the truth my sig had it running high/ultra full AA all the way to the boss at the end then it was freezing up (unplayable until I hit directx9 mode, bear in mind gaming at 1400*900) just completed it lately!

p.s do you have the game patched my pc is nothing great, could be a setting in your graphics card program, on far cry 2 when a setting is enabled in catalyst control centre the trees are all messed up! might be a bug!
I have no idea,what could posibly be wrong with it?

Back