• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiator rattle

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

al210

Registered
I just received a MCR-220 radiator from Petra's. Upon unpacking I noticed a rattling sound :eek: coming from near the bottom.
It sounds like a piece of metal.
Tried to rinse/push water through unit to get it out but it just stays in the same place. I think it may be a soldier ball. :confused:

Do you guys think its safe to use or should I send it back?

You might try soaking the insides with a hot water/vinegar solution for around 15 minutes then trying to fulsh it out and see if that helps. If the rattle is still there after trying that I would just get in touch with the store that you bought it from or with Swiftech and see about a replacment. I would hate to see a solder ball get sucked through your waterpump and ruin it or get stuck in a block.

There definitely shouldn't be a rattle. If you are unable to get rid of it, definitely have it replaced. muddocktor is right; don't take the chance on ruining your pump.

Back