• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel core i5 and heatsinks!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wickedout

To all my new i5 friends. What are you using for a heatsink?

Any good after market ones I should consider? Please hit me up with links. Thanks.

using a Noctua NH-UP12 SE2 on a i7 860.

I'm going to run the stock fan for a month or so and possibly go with the Noctua NH-UP12 SE2. Is it easy to install? Does Newegg have them? How do you like it?

easier then others i have messed with....no newegg doesnt have it, its ok, cooling wise temps at 3.8ghz = my ninja hs temps with the [email protected]. cant complain since it has 2 less HP's then the ninja.

easier then others i have messed with....no newegg doesnt have it, its ok, cooling wise temps at 3.8ghz = my ninja hs temps with the [email protected]. cant complain since it has 2 less HP's then the ninja.

Where I can I order one? I'm gonna need one soon though. Thanks for the input.

hmm that is odd but i did a search for it and newegg said no... o wells, but i wouldnt pay$74.99 for i had a hard time paying $67 at Ppcs. i would much rather have a TR HR-01plus with a LGA1156 mount.

The Thermalright TR HR-01 plus will work? I'm willing to pay like $50 but $74 is too expensive for my liking.

I'll have to try and find some reviews for the Thermalright TR-HR-01 plus.

The Thermalright TR HR-01 plus will work? I'm willing to pay like $50 but $74 is too expensive for my liking.

I'll have to try and find some reviews for the Thermalright TR-HR-01 plus.

TR has a LGA1156 mounting kit but i havent found it retail yet. yes, all you would need is the HS+LGA1156 mounting kit and your good to go.

if you dont want to spen much
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065
then just add another fan for push/pull and it should perform about the same as the SE2. from the reviews i read of that CM hs is it is vastly better then its older 212 brother.

TR has a LGA1156 mounting kit but i havent found it retail yet. yes, all you would need is the HS+LGA1156 mounting kit and your good to go.

if you dont want to spen much
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065
then just add another fan for push/pull and it should perform about the same as the SE2. from the reviews i read of that CM hs is it is vastly better then its older 212 brother.

Maybe that's all I need. It's very affordable to. I may pull the trigger and get that CM.

I was just sitting here thinking of cooling ideas. Damn it I have a Koolance Exos in my closet. It's about 3 years old but it still works like a champ is sweet looking to. I might put that on again. All I want to do is cool off my CPU. I might have to get cooling a block from Koolance in order to make my whole entire mobo to stay cool as well.

I'm gonna call Koolance tomorrow morning and find out what I can do for my CPU and MSI mobo.

Got a new case..Picked up the Antec 902

Tomorrow is the day. I'll leave my Lian Li case for my new Antec 902 home.

The 902 has great airflow. This case rocks. I'm very happy with this buy.

Back