• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bubahjim

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bubahjim

Good afternoon,

Hello all. I am a new member to the group and I hope you can help me. Let me discribe my problem. I just purchased about a month ago a new laptop. A HP DV 3 2150. It is my first lap top. I have been trying to connect to Verizon DSL with their Router a Westell 327w. I had it since 2005 and has work most of the time with a HP desktop(not working at present). I have been on the phone with Verizon several times without success. First, they thought I needed new drivers so I updated them. Second, they said my Ethernet cable was bad so I replaced that. Any suggestions? Thankyou for your time and any help.

Bubahjim

Im not sure your problem is posted clearly. are you trying to connect wirelessly with the laptop? Through the wire with your desktop? wired with your laptop?

the router is a few years old and routers do break over time. you might want to try going out and purchasing a quality linksys router and see if that is the remedy to whichever problem your having.

you have to dis-connect the router and connect directly to the modem
re-boot your laptop ,, and it should detect the modem and set it up
if you can surf the internet then do so for several minutes then logout
re-boot your laptop again with-out signing on again
shut down the laptop .
re-connect the laptop to the router , then re-connect the router to the modem
shut down both the router and modem at the time
fire up the router first - wait till it is fully booted
then fire up the modem and wait till its fully booted
then fire up the laptop
you should be able to surf the internet now using your router

Back