• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First build!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

astrob0y

Registered
Hey guys, I've been browsing around the forums trying to catch up on what's out there and I am finally going to start my first build. I'm not really a heavy user, just occasional gaming, movies, and school stuff. I'm still learning as I go!
My current rig is a Gateway FX7020 that I bought about 3 years ago and these are the specs:
AMD Phenom 9600
EVGA GeForce 8800 GT
3 GB RAM
500 GB HD

I'm planning to take the graphics card, cpu, maybe the ram and the HD for the new build. I only bought a few pieces for the new pc and it is:

CoolerMaster CM690 ATX Case
Ultra LSP750 750w Power Supply
Asus M3N72-D nForce 750a SLI AM2+ Motherboard
Another EVGA GeForce 8800 GT

I know im still missing alot of components, still deciding on what to get for the CPU HS, fans, and RAMs. Not sure if i am missing anything else(can't think of anything atm)...

Any inputs would be great! :)

Last edited:
Do you think I need a new HS? I heard that my stock HSF (Don't know the model but its a Cooler Master) would be sufficient for the Phenom 9600.

Back