• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

glad i have a cosmos S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rustyfender

well yesterday i decided that i was gonna try fiddleing with the direction of the fans as intake exhaust through the rads to lower temps

the flow of air is spossed to be throught the mesh front and up fromt he bottom

i found out that my rear exhaust was set up as an intake so i decided that since the front of the case is all mesh and air is free to flow throught it in either direction and it is eazy to flip the fan on the hdds to an exhaust (it now blows air out the front)

now the all the fans with rad (the 3 on top one on back and one on the bottom are all intakes

my cpu temps droped 8°C at idle now it idles at 29°C and in game at 35°C (phenom2 940 OC to 3.2Ghz cool and quiet gets disabled on this gigabyte mobo when i oc unfortunatly) the 2 gpus are at 30°C and 35°C at idle and 40°C and 46°C in game..... unfortunatly my mobo temps have gone up by 9°C now my mobo is at 49°C i have a couple small small fans and im gonna experiment to see if the noise they make is worth the temp gains i get on the mobo

any suggestions or other things i can tweek that i may not have thought of.

ALL TEMPS TAKEN WITH EVEREST ULTIMATE ENGINEERING EDITION @ AND AMBIANT ROOM TEMP OF 20°C.

wow, sucks for you guys, 9C (48F) here. great for computers!

that's a nice result rusty, the coldest air into the rad is always best.

Back