• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW swiftech Apogee XT !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boulard83

Swiftech just released a new block. The Apogee XT is supposed to be 2-3°c better vs the GTZ and equal or better VS the HeatKiller.

http://www.swiftnets.com/products/APOGEE-XT.asp

Apogee-XT-x400.jpg

exploded%20view.jpg

transparency.jpg

BASE%20PLATE%20PINSX300.jpg

Im tempted to buy one !!!

Last edited:
I like the idea of beeing able to turn around the inlet side to make room for the bigger compressionfittings
Ohh and it's a nice looking block

I wonder how the temps compare to my D-Tek V2 block. The thermal posts on the Swiftech are tiny, but I guess there are lots more of them...

--------------- dtek-.jpg

I'll be buying one as soon as they're available. I've been so happy with every swiftech product I've ever owned, that I was actually waiting for this block instead of going with an HK.

I wonder how the temps compare to my D-Tek V2 block. The thermal posts on the Swiftech are tiny, but I guess there are lots more of them...

--------------- dtek-.jpg

The Swiftech have MUCH more surface VS the block your showing. All the Tiny pins are making a 1.5"x1.5" surface equal to a 20"x20" surface and even more, i dont know about the spec .... This is allowing a very good Heat transfer to the water.

man that's a sexy block, if i upgrade in the next little while will be grabbing that.

though i will have to make my own mounting, i don't like their new style.

New style, as in starting with the GTZ? Yeah, it could be better. But at least it prevents over tightening.

New style, as in starting with the GTZ? Yeah, it could be better. But at least it prevents over tightening.

lol that's what i want.

it's a great mounting system i just want to be able to wrench on it without it bottoming out.

if it does perform in comparison to the gtz the way swiftech says then it will just about match the modified hk3

Ya know, if you read deep into the post it actually has test results.

EDIT after reading the last post:

You mean someone didn't link the announcement post on XS, the place where Gary from Swiftech posts? Hmm well I'll just post the link so everyone can see the real info. LOL, it's 87 posts long already and first post was 8PM yesterday Pac time. Now thats a BIG watercooling forum eh?

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=236172

Last edited:
yep. no need to wait for reviews really. If you google Apogee XT and go to the XS thread there's quite a bit in there in the way of preliminary testing and such.

Back