• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cant do 1.4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ozzman

sup guys well here is my prob.. after geting my new alpha and puting A LOT of time into geting it setup and geting the config of the fan and what not setup... i was able to push my 1.13 athlon to 1.333 at 1.775 vcore with about 41 load... now i want to hit 1.4 but i cant.. i get the windows proction error or another error of sometype.. the highest i dared to set the vcore was 1.875 or 1.850 and it was no go.. any ideas?

are u useing fsb or multiplier to oc? if u are useing the fsb your ram or hard drive could be limiting you

multi.. how high of a vcore can i set?? or is it as high as it can go before it overheats?

if u can handel the heat then u could set your vcore pretty high i'v seen some people with 2.xx i dont know the exact voltage they used but higher then 2.0 i think

hmm well this is depressing.. i cant do more then 1.333 highest my mobo's vcore will go is 1.85 and it cant be the chip sence others have goten this far and higher on the data base.. :(

here is my chip

AXIA 0124epaw

is there a vcore mod?? or something that will help me get higher?? because i am at about 42 to 43 load and i know i can do better..

hi ozzman, well my opinion is the motherboard is more than capable of the overclock and going to 1.85 isnt going to cook your pc either,
to be honest though as your cpu is a "9" not a "y" they dont usually overclock like the "Y" doso that could be the 1st question mark. also what brand of ram are you using? it probably isnt your ram unless its elcheapo stuff and what config are you using to get 1.3mhz? (IE fsb x multiplyer)
the IWILL is a great motherboard and as you can see in my sig im a lover of them! let us know

im just doing mulit right now.. will do fsb a little later.. i was looking through the cpu database and the only one that could reach 1.4 with a 9 had the vcore at 2.05 i think... i mean 1.333 is not bad but i would like to put my 45 bucks on my HSF to goo use... i dont think its my ram though sence im not doing fsb..

I have never been so lucky as to get one of those chips that takes a "nice" oc. Really good cooling and then voltage. My core right now is 2.27 with H2O. Had a duron 750 that was stubborn as well and had to use 2.2v on it to get it to 1120. 1400 is pushing pretty hard on that chip I think but is still within the realm of possability. Look at a vmod and really watch the cooling.:)

i think this little guy can handle a 1.4 its doing fine now.. and i am looking into a vmod.. just hope i dont **** up.. sence i dought i can find another perfect working iwill kk266 plus R for 75 bucks.. i got lucky and when i saw it i did not even have to think about it...

Back