• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AGP HD4650!!??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It should stomp all over the 6800, an integrated hd3300 is in the same ballpark, and a 4650 is far faster then that.

I would not go so far saying, that the RV HD4650 "stomps" GF6800, certainly not the GF 6800 ULTRA, which has 16 ROPS exceptionaly.. Of course it totally wastes the ordinary GeForce 6800 vanilla..

Remember we are talking about the HD4650 DDR2 - in this case the card is abit faster than 9500GT DDR2, but CERTAINLY falls down before the cards like 9500GT DDR3 and 8600GTS DDR3..

I would say that the HD4650 is a worthless garbage for gaming, the HD4670 is the decent deal, equipped with quality DDR3 modules, and even thsi card is overrated abit.

HD3850? This is what would stomp the HD4650. I would go for HD3850 AGP.

I need a better benchmark, 3dmark06 scores are all over the map for the 6800ultra.

well your in luck. Somebody found this over at overclock.net

http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1699&pageID=7730

that should answer anyones questions, including mine.
There is an AGP 4670 on newegg, but its powercolor. I would rather go with an xfx card, it looks sweet, and is nice and compact.

Everyone keeps tellin me just to invest in a pci-e mobo, but I already have one, im just doing this for fun.

I have a 4650 with 512MB of DDR3. With a quick change of gpu clock speed it is essentially a 4670. Very cool running too. The fan runs at 3% at idle :)

Just unboxed this baby, installed into my classic gaming rig, no post, no beeps, no nothing.
I put the card into a K8n Neo2 platinum system I have, and the thing comes right up and rips through 3dmark05.
Wonder what gives about the k7vta3 motherboard?

ecs k7vta3's newest revision only has an AGP 4x slot at best, sounds like a 4xxx ati agp card isnt able to run in a 4x slot....probally doesent provide enough slot power or some other thing

Back