• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guitar Hero guitar internals

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
Are the whammy bar parts for the Guitar Hero controllers the same across all platforms and versions?

My whammy bar for my GH4WT guitar finally broke inside and I can't repair it like I did when the spring snapped, so I was thinking of buying a busted controller off of Kijiji and just swapping out the parts and pitching the rest, or buying a guitar from an older version of the game for super cheap.

I have an extra busted PS3 GHWT guitar that's just laying around. The strum bar is broken, the down strum doesn't work just the up...the whammy should be fine since I never use it...lol

The guitars should be the same across platforms, but prolly not across game versions (GH2, GH3, GHWT).

Nevermind, I found a guide on how to fix my problem here: http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-Your-Whammy-Bar-on-a-Guitar-Hero-Controller

Just in case anybody ever runs into the same issues I had. Also, these guitars would probably last a lot longer if they weren't held together with spit and bailing wire. I'm not exactly hard on the thing, and I treat it well (always up off the floor, not rough on the whammy bar).

Makes me wanna buy one of the ones that Logitech sell that are like, $300 or so. It pro'lly wouldn't break.

Since it's close to Christmas, I suggest picking up a Fender Squire Stratocaster for $100 when they go on sale. Sure there is a bigger learning curve for playing all of your favorite songs but no TV or console are required and chicks dig it more. ;)

I can't say for sure but I would assume the whammy bars would be the same. I can't see why they would be different.

while we have a topic on GH internals...does anyone know why the guitars, or at least the GH2 guitars have an RJ11 port on them? I have never seen it used

Since it's close to Christmas, I suggest picking up a Fender Squire Stratocaster for $100 when they go on sale. Sure there is a bigger learning curve for playing all of your favorite songs but no TV or console are required and chicks dig it more. ;)

you are absolutely WRONG!! Chicks dig the guitar hero guitar more over any real guitar... You're lame if you waste your time playing a real guitar... I mean why do that when you can pick up guitar hero and start making all the virtual ppl in the virtual concert cheer you on... it's insane!!! I feel like I really am a rock star!! :attn::attn::attn::attn::attn::attn::attn:

jk. Real guitaring is way better! :)

...Why don't you buy a guitar from gamestop for 20 bucks? :)

'cause I didn't wanna spend my grocery money on a squeaky plastic guitar . . .

The fix I did works great, actually. Y'know, if Red Octane would actually use metal for moving parts instead of cheap plastic that will break down with normal wear and tear, this crap wouldn't happen.

People also wouldn't have a reason to spend money on a new peripheral every time they pull a Madden and just release the same game with slightly tweaked graphics and a new track listing.

Ninja Edit: And creepy graphical representations of dead artists . . .

Back